Swann Camera and Concord Camera

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Concord 4K camera system that is working really well in terms of live view and record. Playback sucks! It is almost impossible to playback any recording. Anyway, I decided to try and hack into a camera and found out that I can get into MOST settings with a standard ONVIF viewer.After a bit of research, I noticed that these cameras are suspiciously like Swann cameras - same mounts, solid metal body etc. I have successfully connected one of these through a demo version of BI. My question is - Does anybody know who is the true manufacturer of these cameras?
BTW, I'm going to ditch the NVR - it just can't cope; or does anybody know if I can take a feed from the switch and plug into the NVR and use it as a secondary backup.
I'm still learning this, so please be patient with me
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision is the OEM for Swann, don't know about Concord.

You should be able to log into cam, enable/setup sub-stream (of lower res) and send that to NVR, leaving main stream for viewing.

What is the URL you are using now to view? We should be able to decipher the sub-stream from that.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Concord 4K camera system...After a bit of research, I noticed that these cameras are suspiciously like Swann cameras - same mounts, solid metal body etc...
Hi @petere10 @TonyR

iirc Swann's newer line up of kits are another OEM other than Hikvision ( older kits and camera were indeed Hikvision OEM ).

Indeed the Concord and newer Swann kits do appear similar

1579981636600.png

1579981840255.png

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

You should be able to log into cam, enable/setup sub-stream (of lower res) and send that to NVR, leaving main stream for viewing.

What is the URL you are using now to view? We should be able to decipher the sub-stream from that.
I'm still using the NVR. I have anew 6 core i7 coming this week that I am dedicating to the Surveillance System. I'm going to dual NIC it using the cameras on 10.10.25.x and the other to connect to our network on 192.168.x.x. When I have it set up, I'll use a free uplink port on the 10 port POE switch and see what the NVR can see as it will still be set to the 10.10.25.x sub-net. Interesting times.... I'll post again next week.

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded some HIK software yesterday... didn't seem to recognise the cameras though. Am waiting on a new GB POE switch. That will give me a better idea. Thanks everyone for your positive help. Pete

Hackedup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I believe Raysharp, oem the new swann system

petere10

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If deemed necessary, the manufacturer can oftentimes found by a search of the MAC address of the device.
"And bingo was his name.." (Australian quote of enjoyment for the uninitiated!!)
MAC address was issued by........ (drum roll). ----00:23:63 ZhuhaiRa Zhuhai Raysharp Technology Co.,Ltd ---- What a legend. Thanks Tony