Suspicious Activity

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This occurred about 2 hours before cameras recorded the female trespasser on Sunday morning. Watch the guy that gets out of the passenger side rear door. Just before he closes the door he reaches up and turns off the overhead light. When he returns, one of the things he does is reach in and pull out what look like gloves. I freeze the video at this point for a few seconds. Then, everyone gets back in the truck and it just sits there. After a while a couple guys get out but they just hang around the truck. Eventually it leaves, but they will return about 2 hours later and they bring along a lot more friends. At the beginning of the video, when the 2 guys get out of the truck to walk up the street, I switched the camera over to manual exposure and made a recording of the license plate.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it cold there, or are they up to no good things ? (Clothes to cover for cold or for recognition)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it cold there, or are they up to no good things ? (Clothes to cover for cold or for recognition)
Not really that cold here (no need for heavy clothes or gloves) now. I'll be posting a part 2 of this video this afternoon in this thread. They returned at 3:17 AM and brought along some friends.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The truck spotted at midnight returns at 3:17 AM. This incident begins when the video starts at exactly 3:23 AM. It appears a brief scuffle happens at the very far right of the screen. It appears that 2 people grab another person and push them up against the passenger side of the truck. The doors of the truck are then unlocked and it appears the grabbed person is pushed inside the truck. This causes a number of people to gather around the truck and they just appear to be talking. Suddenly, something causes them to scatter and by 3:28 AM all the vehicles have left the area. About 4 minutes later another large group of young people show up and park on the corner and up and down the streets. I don't see the truck with this group. They just appear to be hanging out and talking. Twenty two minutes later, they all suddenly scatter and take off. Two minutes after they depart I see a neighbor from up the street walking around with a flashlight and looking where some of the cars were parked. I think this caused this second group to suddenly take off. About twenty five minutes after seeing the neighbor, 2 police cars drive up and down the streets for a few minutes before departing. When the second group of cars arrived, I put one of the cameras in manual exposure mode and recorded 5 more license plates. I probably could have gotten more, but I forgot to increase the shutter speed. The license plate of the truck becomes briefly visible exactly at the 03:25:31 AM time stamp.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Large group of young males, in the middle of the night. What could go wrong?

Don't you need some sprinklers in the landscaping near the road, and the sprinklers may or maynot be pointed at the street? ;)

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha it actually loooks like he has one near the right rear wheel of that car.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Large group of y oung males, in the middle of the night. What could go wrong?

Don't you need some sprinklers in the landscaping near the road, and the sprinklers may or maynot be pointed at the street? ;)
We have sprinklers up there, all along that curb. I wish I had thought about that last night. I had 4 guys sitting on the curb last night in need of a shower. Notice the guy standing and where he wears his belt. I don't think he'd be able to run very fast with his pants like that. Anyway, the police were called early last night. They ended up blocking the street just around the corner. There were 6 police cars. The last 2 police cars left at 2 AM.

Cam23.20170318_233658_1.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have sprinklers up there, all along that curb. I wish I had thought about that last night. I had 4 guys sitting on the curb last night in need of a shower. Notice the guy standing and where he wears his belt. I don't think he'd be able to run very fast with his pants like that. Anyway, the police were called early last night. They ended up blocking the street just around the corner. There were 6 police cars. The last 2 police cars left at 2 AM.

View attachment 16412
I'd like to see him try!!
Oh Gee, well hope you can get it nipped in the bud.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you offer the plate numbers to the cops? Would be a good time to ask them what's up...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you offer the plate numbers to the cops? Would be a good time to ask them what's up...
Not this time, the last time I called to report trespassers I was asked to call back on the non emergency line. After waiting on hold for several minutes I finally got to speak to someone. The police did send someone out, but it's not considered a high priority situation.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh from the way it read I thought maybe you were watching from inside the house.

kool_zero

n3wb
Reaction score
What kind of camera and nvr do you have? This is great quality and interesting video nonetheless.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
What kind of camera and nvr do you have? This is great quality and interesting video nonetheless.
I don's use an nvr, I use Blue Iris. I didn't notice the scuffle in the part 2 video right away. My monitor was not adjusted so see dark areas of the screen very well. I've since adjusted the monitor for better viewing. As for the camera, I have 2 fixed lens Hikvision and 2 Huisun Version 1 Mini PTZ on each side of the garage. I'm going to replace one of the Huisun 10x PTZ with a Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN 25x PTZ that is currently installed in the back of the house. I also just ordered a couple of ultra low light cameras (1 Dahua and 1 Hikvision) to test out in the front of the house. Depending on how they perform I may order a couple more of them.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Why is it so much fun to hang out in front of your house?
I think what is happening lately has to with some new homes that are being built just around the corner from our house. I notice the kids park down here then head up around the corner. The houses look like they are just about finished. They have landscaping and fences. I believe they are jumping over the fences and hanging around in the back of the houses. There are 6 new homes up there. I can see cameras on a pole in front of 3 houses, but there are also 3 houses behind those and I don't know if anyone is monitoring behind the houses.