Survey: how often does BI crash?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine has crashed twice in the 1.5 years I've had it. It was related to driver memory leak issue.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your space is over allocated.
Set the new size to 100 GB, not 10 gb. Better yet set it to 800GB, set the time limit clip to 14 days. The reason 7 cameras at 4 GB per camera for a single recording is more space than you have defined.

I do not see the need for a stored folder on the same drive as the new. I use a single new folder for my storage, then delete from there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your space is over allocated.
Set the new size to 100 GB, not 10 gb. Better yet set it to 800GB, set the time limit clip to 14 days. The reason 7 cameras at 4 GB per camera for a single recording is more space than you have defined.

I do not see the need for a stored folder on the same drive as the new. I use a single new folder for my storage, then delete from there.
I would not limit storage by "days". it should be limited to the amount of available space...there is no point in deleting footage before the space is needed.

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. This all makes sense now that you point it out.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to generate separate clips for motion-detected events when doing continuous recording? Or if I'm continuous will it only just 'tag' the motion within the longer clip?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. This all makes sense now that you point it out.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to generate separate clips for motion-detected events when doing continuous recording? Or if I'm continuous will it only just 'tag' the motion within the longer clip?
it will just tag the motion...to store separate clips you would need to clone the camera. If you want to simply break up the continuous clip on motion there is an option for that in the record tab.