Surveillance Station can´t find my Dahua cams

1dodosn

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using a Dahua NVR for years but recently purchased a Synology NAS. I can´t seem to get Surveillance Station to find the Dahua cameras using the IP Cam Wizard. Everything including the NAS and cameras are plugged into an umanaged POE switch. My Dahua PTZ power ups just fine and I have also tried my other Dahuas. A network scanner seems to find some devices within my switch network range but entering manually didnt work either. Do I have to do some special configuration to my Dahuas after they have been used with my NVR? Any suggestions on what to do next?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Were the cams previously plugged into the POE NVR before they were plugged into a POE switch?

ip4me

n3wb
Reaction score
As long as the dahua shows up in synology's compatibility list have you tried doing a factory reset of one of the cameras while plugged into the new poe switch that the synology is part of the same network? I recently moved some speco cams that were connected to the internal poe switch built into the speco nvr and they were not happy moving to a uniview nvr that had the connections with separate switches. It was as if the speco nvr had set static ip's on the cams and the reset was needed.
good luck

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Ultimately you'll likely need to reset each cam then assign a unique, static IP in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN (and outside the router's DHCP pool, if there is a router).
Perform this one cam at a time.