Surveillance door cam

Fixed_cam

n3wb
Reaction score
EDITED BY FENDERMAN

I AM A FUCKIGN SPAMMER. Avoid any of the shit in my links

I intend to install a camera on my door to prevent theft (lately my neighbors have been robbed). I intend to install the camera on the door without anyone knowing of its existence.

Is there a way to put a camera on the door eye (peephole)? Or is there a door eye (peephole) that makes it possible to place any camera model?

Of all the systems I see, they all show that there is a camera there (such as: ). I intend to maintain the normal external appearance off the peephole?
I don't want an internet connection or any smartphone application. Just something to keep recording for security.

Something like this (Amazon.com : 3RD Eye 5.8G Wireless Door Peephole Camera with DVR 100m Range 90 Degree VOA 5-inch Screen Motion Detect Recording XR-TE950H : Camera & Photo) results? Have a nice resolution and works fine? (I don't know nothing about this product, only I share this link because the system allows you to maintain the normal appearance of peephole.)

I found this articles:

1-https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56y2am;
2-https://www.dsecctv.com/Prod_telecamere_spioncino_porta_AHD.htm (this product looks good to me. But does it work?)
3-http://www.brinno.com/@Test/front-door-security-camera/PHVMAC (I don't want to be stuck on a small screen. I want the images to be burned to disk and to be accessible through the local computer);

Thanks a have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^
Ding Ding Ding!

Cameras, even visible, don’t prevent squat. They provide evidence for AFTER the theft.

Same bad assumption as “The job of the police is to protect you.”
No, by and large their job is to draw the white chalk outline around your body and find the guy who did it.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I actually disagree with the prevention, I don't think they reduce crime, I think they displace crime depending on what is it. Probably not something like package theft where you can just wear a mask and be gone in 5 seconds, but If someone is going to break into a house, countless surveys of criminals in jail show they would rather choose a house down the street

Didn't reduce the crime count, but helps the guy with the camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I suppose there is some deterrence in some limited cases. But cameras have become so common place I don’t think they are a reliable deterrent. I’ve seen druggies as well as “pros” look at the camera and continue doing bad guy shit.

I’ve used them to help LE catch a number of BGs over the years, but I view them as evidentiary tools.

AND I think it’s dangerous for Joe Q Public to look upon them as a deterrent. False sense of security.