Surprised to out 4mp Hikvision camera only records stills locally on memory card.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Recently purchased a Hikvision EKI-K41T44 5-Piece Kit, (1) ERI-K104-P4 NVR, (4) ECI-T24F2 Cameras for friends cottage. He only needed 3 of the cams and decided to install the 4th at his primary residence without NVR using only SD card. After many failed changes to see video recordings I contacted Hikvision support only to learn the ECI-T24F2 Camera can only record stills locally and video recording to NVR or BlueIris application or similar. Found this surprising and disappointing that this was never mentioned in their documentation. By comparison HK NVR oem NVR's are considerably more expensive then comparable Dahua NVR's according to my local distributor's listed pricing.

Documentation states:
Event
Basic Event
Motion detection, video tampering, exception
Linkage
Upload to FTP, notify surveillance center, send email, upload to memory card, trigger recording, trigger capture.

Last edited:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recently purchased a Hikvision EKI-K41T44 5-Piece Kit, (1) ERI-K104-P4 NVR, (4) ECI-T24F2 Cameras for friends cottage. He only needed 3 of the cams and decided to install the 4th at his primary residence without NVR using only SD card. After many failed changes to see video recordings I contacted Hikvision support only to learn the ECI-T24F2 Camera can only record stills locally and video recording to NVR or BlueIris application or similar. Found this surprising and disappointing that this was never mentioned in their documentation.

Documentation states:
Event
Basic Event
Motion detection, video tampering, exception
Linkage
Upload to FTP, notify surveillance center, send email, upload to memory card, trigger recording, trigger capture.
I think the value series has a smaller storage space for firmware than a regular ip camera. So there should be a firmware version that includes the encoding server (the one sold by itself) and one firmware version that is for a camera sold with a NVR.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the value series has a smaller storage space for firmware than a regular ip camera. So there should be a firmware version that includes the encoding server (the one sold by itself) and one firmware version that is for a camera sold with a NVR.
Both the Hikvision website and their own tech confirmed no known firmware update.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Both the Hikvision website and their own tech confirmed no known firmware update.
Then its one of those cameras that don't show anything with the encoding server until a compatible formatted SD card is inserted.
Which you have to factory reset this thing twice.
factory reset
unplug
put sd card in
factory reset

login to 192.168.1.64, initialize password, and set up the recording/encoding server

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will try that this weekend, thanks. Using a Samsung 128GB EVO Plus microSDXC Up to 130MB/s Transfer Speed, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2.