Super Bowl!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No I won’t be watching a bunch of overpaid felons in a predetermined made for prime time fantasy show, I’ll be asleep (*or passed out) after watching the much better Puppy Bowl preceding the “big game”.
Hey I got money on Team Ruff!

*Remember, bourbon is made of at least 51% corn and has never been recalled. Safe and Effective
IMG_5843.jpeg

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
A big ex NASCAR fan here, but that was back in the days of real men racing, none of this chase for the race garbage.

Bill Elliot was the last true racer, since then I have pretty well gave up on it. Maybe Joey Lagono?

I have never paid much attention to football.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bill Elliot was the last true racer,
Yep, in his #9 Ford Thunderbird, Bill Elliott, from Dawsonville, GA set 2 speed records:
Excerpt:

Elliott holds the track record for fastest qualifying speed at Talladega at 212.809 miles per hour (342.483 km/h) and Daytona International Speedway at 210.364 miles per hour (338.548 km/h), both of which were set in 1987; the mark at Talladega is the fastest qualifying speed for any NASCAR race ever. With the usage of restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega since 1988, it is highly unlikely that these two qualifying speed records will ever be topped.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Somewhere around here I probably still have my T shirt with Bill Elliot and his 212.8 MPH
Picked it up at Daytona the next year.

I really need to clean up some day.
In Florida when I was younger my first nascar race, I remember every 30 seconds everyone standing up and yelling “go Bill!” Watched Neil Bonnett die there.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
In Florida when I was younger my first nascar race, I remember every 30 seconds everyone standing up and yelling “go Bill!” Watched Neil Bonnett die there.
Awesom Bill from Dawsonville had a huge following!

I had forgot about Neil Bonett, sad times. One of the big reasons they went to restrictor plates.