SUNBA PoE+ PTZ Camera Outdoor, 36X Optical Zoom 5MP

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It was too large to upload here, so I uploaded it to youtube.
go easy on me, I think the footage is awesome.
maybe you all saw better,, but I think it is nice a clear.
That footage is clearly better (see what I did there.... :lol: ) than the stock footage that you first posted. Thanks for posting it.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey Saltster,

Have you figured out how to do focus near and far through Blue Iris?
Yes, but not manual focus.
I rely on my NVR but adjust through Blue Iris
in Blue Iris when I click on record, I do not see a recording light or anything. but I do get a video on the left.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seems to do quite well on autofocus but once in a great while I would like to be able to control it manually. I guess I will need to use guard station to do that.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seems to do quite well on autofocus but once in a great while I would like to be able to control it manually. I guess I will need to use guard station to do that.
I have not used guard station, just NVR and Blue Iris on my lapTop quick and simple. if you figure out how to manually adjust with Blue Iris let me know.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is a some footage I found from earlier today. Warning to add headphone users.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cool, are you liking your camera? I am loving it.
Yes, I like it very well but I need to find some kind of a wind muff for the built-in microphone as the wind noise is quite loud. Should be easy enough I would think. I like the 2 way communication feature.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I like it very well but I need to find some kind of a wind muff for the built-in microphone as the wind noise is quite loud. Should be easy enough I would think. I like the 2 way communication feature.
Mine is 20 feet up on a pole so I do not use the audio. but I have not noticed any wind noise.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have enjoyed this thread Saltster and just now noticed that you are using an NVR and Blueiris. Would you elaborate on why using both? I love BI and recently inherited a Dahua NVR and have considered adding it to my playground if I can find an advantage.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have enjoyed this thread Saltster and just now noticed that you are using an NVR and Blue iris. Would you elaborate on why using both? I love BI and recently inherited a Dahua NVR and have considered adding it to my playground if I can find an advantage.
All my Cams are connected through my D-Link PoE+ Switch(s), to my NVR which is one 24/7. My NVR, which has a large TB drive. When I need to back up my footage, I backup onto a thumb drive and put it on my Desktops 14TB drive(s) I then convert and edit.

I only use Blue Iris to view if a notice movement on my NVR monitor, then open BI on my LapTop to view zoom and pan.
I find it more convenient this way.
I'm sure others have their way of doing things.

I would ultimately like an NVR that has mutable HDMI out for multiple monitors.

My NVR Display is on the wall next to my TV screen so I can monitor whenever being a couch potato.

hope this helps.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just what were you expecting?
well after all the hoopla, I was thinking about some feedback on the night vision video footage, on how clear it is, oris not? and see other footage that may be better? Just saying. It would be helpful. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well like 3 people expressed concerns about quality at night time and after your video like 3 people expressed that the the night time quality looked good and better than expected.

But then again, you are on default settings and the motion was minimal on the video, so it isn't a true test of nighttime capabilities...

I still want to see a nighttime video/image with the shutter at 1/2,000 as that will tell us how good/bad the firmware is.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
well after all the hoopla, I was thinking about some feedback on the night vision video footage, on how clear it is, oris not? and see other footage that may be better? Just saying. It would be helpful. Thanks
So far the nighttime footage that you provided is better than expected. Still, you haven't really shown any nighttime footage of people walking around your property. But again it comes down to your personal goals for this camera. If you want it for general monitoring of wildlife, people, etc around your house, I think your footage proves that the camera can accomplish that very well. If you want it to provide identifiable footage of moving people around your property, then we still don't know if the camera can accomplish that or not. The level of detail needed to provide identifiable footage of a moving person is a magnitude higher than what is needed to just monitor things.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far the nighttime footage that you provided is better than expected. Still, you haven't really shown any nighttime footage of people walking around your property. But again it comes down to your personal goals for this camera. If you want it for general monitoring of wildlife, people, etc around your house, I think your footage proves that the camera can accomplish that very well. If you want it to provide identifiable footage of moving people around your property, then we still don't know if the camera can accomplish that or not. The level of detail needed to provide identifiable footage of a moving person is a magnitude higher than what is needed to just monitor things.
well stated, I have the 2mp on my house, and this is for pan, tilt, zoom, daytime people and vehicles, and nighttime just looking at anything I see moving. so far so good. I have not had anyone walking around at night yet to video.