Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
UPDATE: Well, I managed to upload the new firmware using the CMS tool. It took no more than about 5 minutes total. The basic camera settings (OSD date/time, etc) were all reset, but the IP/port configuration I'd initially set did not change. I verified that the version on the camera matched the .bin I installed.

Unfortunately, the dimming/brightening phenomenon was still happening - albeit, much slower, and less frequently. Though, that may be because of the time of day. During my initial discovery of the problem, it was mid-day, on a very sunny day. Today, while still sunny, it was around 4pm - and not as bright.

I've sent another message to the seller to let them know the problem is still present.
UPDATE 2:

Seller responded that I should tick the "anti-flicker" box on the camera parms. Pretty sure I tried that already, but I'll give it another go.

While comparing the settings to the working camera tonight, I noticed a constant toggle between day and night mode:

I don't know if this problem existed before the firmware update. I'd have to connect one of the other two remaining (non-updated) cameras to verify. Either way, this is giving me a sinking feeling.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello erkme
I never had this issue either, maybe is a software issue, I wonder if you can install the same software version of one our cameras.
Ask the dealer if they can provide you with an older software, In my camera under local config I have build date= 2014 feb 9 3.0.9.20
Maybe you should give a shot.
Regards.
Chewie

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, after going back and forth with the seller, they offered to do a Teamviewer session. I agreed, and watched as the guy poked around. Ultimately, he didn't change any of the configuration settings for the camera. But, what he did to prevent the toggling from day/night/day was enter preset 60. 61 turns off LEDs and goes to day mode. 62 and 63 appear to be the various LED brightness/quantity toggle. Leaving it on 62 means when the ambient light is bright, it switches today, dark, goes to night mode, and either mode stays.

Rebooting puts it back in what ever cycling/toggling problematic mode. I'm going to wait for bright daylight to see if the initial bright/dim issue is resolved with this. If it is, then having the camera call preset 62 on a power cycle should solve my issues. I'll use BI to get it to the correct view angle anyway.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Very very short clip at 20x (DWDR isn't on in this clip, when the dove comes back, I'll take another with it on *it'll be better*)

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I see that now. The black cap sort of threw me at first glance. Regardless, nice shot!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They've been working on their nest all morning. In this video, I start with DWDR off (which is where it works best for me at night), then I turn it on (at 40, I usually run it at 25 during the day, but the shadows are pretty dark in there, so 40 is better for this particular video), then back off, then back on. There are other settings that make a difference, but I'm only highlighting what DWDR does on the Sunba with this video. Once again, the video was shot at full 20x.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The doves have been coming and going. While they were out this last time, a Blue Jay came in and tore up most of what they'd accomplished so far this morning! Funny that the videos are coming out fine with BI 4.3.2.1, but this image was horizontally flipped 180°, so I fixed it before I uploaded it (sending email to Ken).

Sunba.20160414_100000_1.jpg

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The doves have been coming and going. While they were out this last time, a Blue Jay came in and tore up most of what they'd accomplished so far this morning! Funny that the videos are coming out fine with BI 4.3.2.1, but this image was horizontally flipped 180°, so I fixed it before I uploaded it (sending email to Ken).

View attachment 9885
Ssayer:
I'm still running 4.3.0.15 x64, as I decided to hold off upgrading at the moment. About how far is that nest located from the Sunba? Also, can you see much of the nest at night, or does the IR from the Sunba blow out the image because of it's intenstity?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Pretty close, it's only about 20 feet away from the cam. Here's a pic at 1x:

Sunba.20160414_143838.jpg

I'll get a couple of pics tonight and post them (one with DWDR on and one with it off for comparison). I sure wish I could find a way to push them a little more to put out an updated firmware with presets so that you could turn it on or off from a preset (so that BI could do it automatically in relation to sunrise/sunset).

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Ask for an option for separate day/night profiles for image settings. They should be working towards that anyway if they're serious about supporting advanced use of their cameras.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
At this distance, noise isn't an issue, so I don't need comparison pics. Unfortunately, the doves aren't roosting there yet. Anyway, here's a night pic:

Sunba.20160414_212300.jpg

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What are the numbers in the upper left?
%f and %k

Don't know why but I've done this forever with BI, I just like to see the fps and the bandwidth on each of my cams. :p

(I run D2D, so you only see it live or in snapshots, never in recorded video)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey erkme73 what internet service do u have in the home where u have the sunba on the chimney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm struggling with getting into the camera's web GUI. I find that when I go to the IP address of the camera, sometime it'll bring up the correct interface with QR codes on the right, full menus, video, everything - it just works.

Other times, it logs in, and then tells me I need to install Quicktime when I try to open the camera view. No QR code, no PTZ controls - just the camera on the left.

What is odd is when it doesn't work in IE, it might in IE-64bit. Or in Chrome running an IE-tab plugin. Sometimes, like today, it won't run in any of them. All three pathways prompt me for QT. Then, I have no choice but to use the clunky CMS program.

Is there a way to force the browser to use the correct web plugin? It works about 20% of the time.

This is what I get most of the time:

2016-04-15_10-55-20.jpg

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm struggling with getting into the camera's web GUI. I find that when I go to the IP address of the camera, sometime it'll bring up the correct interface with QR codes on the right, full menus, video, everything - it just works.

Other times, it logs in, and then tells me I need to install Quicktime when I try to open the camera view. No QR code, no PTZ controls - just the camera on the left.

What is odd is when it doesn't work in IE, it might in IE-64bit. Or in Chrome running an IE-tab plugin. Sometimes, like today, it won't run in any of them. All three pathways prompt me for QT. Then, I have no choice but to use the clunky CMS program.

Is there a way to force the browser to use the correct web plugin? It works about 20% of the time.

This is what I get most of the time:

View attachment 9935
I've never had a problem logging into my Sunba using Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 8.1. What OS are you running?