Suggestions for wide angle coverage?

neek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a few triple-sensor 1080p IP cameras (from around 2016) that cover some of the wider areas around my house. The nice thing is that a single camera gives me good super wide field of view, but I lack detail for things that are ~100 feet away.

I'd like to update to something with good fidelity in both day and night, though I get that the night LEDs will have a very short range of efficacy. I just installed a Ring doorbell and I'm impressed with the quality of both the audio and video from it, though its purpose is quite different.

I'm looking for suggestions about any specific models I can consider. I don't expect to regularly be monitoring the cameras, so pan-tilt are really only useful for initial config, and zoom is only useful to me if it's optical, and there to let me set once and never change again. Please share any ideas you might have!

I should also say I'm open to installing more cameras, but I'd prefer to not have to do so since I don't want to have to run all the extra ethernet, and my PoE switch is currently maxed out.

thanks very much!

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No camera can capture a 'super wide field of view' and then with the same image show a license plate that is over 100 feet away. A PTZ can do that to some degree, but you nixed that approach.