Suggestions for a camera to view live feed from another room?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking for Suggestions for a camera with wide angle lens ( 2.8mm would honestly probably work) to view live feed on a TV in another room.
Its for a dance studio so parents can watch their kids while not distracting them.

Can you use an IP camera in this manner without the TV being connected to a networked computer?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for Suggestions for a camera with wide angle lens ( 2.8mm would honestly probably work) to view live feed from TV in another room.
Its for a dance studio so parents can watch their kids while not distracting them.

Can you use an IP camera in this manner without the TV being connected to a networked computer?
Any suggestions?
You could plug a fire stick into the tv and view the camera using tinycam pro. There are some specialty cameras that have an HDMI output in addition to the network connection or there's always a video camera / dslr on a tripod with hdmi out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 ^^ to both of the above...just know that without a router and connecting an IP cam direct to a smart TV or networked Firestick-type device that you'll need to assign static IP's to those devices, all in the same subnet.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The fire stick is a great idea! I am going to try to get my hands on a firestick to try this out with one of my spare cams.

Thanks guys