Suggestion for a camera setup for pharmacy

ipeecam

n3wb
Reaction score
12mm doesnt have many applications indoors unless its a warehouse. You might use it directly over the till or prep area, this would give you a very small field of view. conversely 2.8mm is very wide - almost fisheye it will give you a good coverage of the whole room from the corner but with limited detail. 4mm is regularly used for shop coverage, 6mm for an aisle.

Bear in mind the narrower your field of view the more you lose in the foreground.

Another example:

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will get two 6mm and see how things workout. Dont want to get a dahua due to nvr being hikvision and don't know if both will be an easy install. Thanks guys esp ipeecam for all the information you guys have provided!

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you suspect theft in a specific area it might be good to throw in a few hidden cameras. When I was young I worked in an ice cream shop that had been suffering from employee theft. They installed cameras disguised as heat sensors in key areas. Nobody noticed them until they revealed that the store had been under surveillance and that thefts were documented.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hidden camera seems a great Idea, problem is my walls are all concrete... and smoke detectors are not used here which would make it suspicious. Would like a hidden cam though if there was a way it would blend into the environment.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I worked somewhere that had a hidden camera in the breakroom.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I worked somewhere that had a hidden camera in the breakroom.
A clock or something similar seems workable... but This is Whole sale and Retail Pharmacy with a store... a clock up in the store will seem odd... any discreet camera mounting ideas for pinhole cameras etc?

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A clock or something similar seems workable... but This is Whole sale and Retail Pharmacy with a store... a clock up in the store will seem odd... any discreet camera mounting ideas for pinhole cameras etc?

It's amazing what did not look odd. In a small space there was a smoke alarm over both tills and the safe. Nobody even noticed.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's amazing what did not look odd. In a small space there was a smoke alarm over both tills and the safe. Nobody even noticed.

Considering im in a third world country where smoke alarms dont exist the locals here probably would look and say aahh cameras.. lol!