SUCCESS! Converted ADC VC825 back to Local Cam (hikvision) for BlueIris

Reaction score
So I bought an alarm.com camera (VC825) a few months ago and changed my mind on it, deciding to use the BlueIris with a low power home computer instead. Everyone knows Alarm.com does not use their own cameras, and when they got up to VC825 apparently they started using Hikvision (my netgear router recognized the MAC address as Hikvision, I guess)

Naturally, they wont let me in, the root/adcvideo pass doesn't work. I called them and they say they can't let me in, etc etc.

So it was V5.3 hickvision with an ADC serial number -- so hikvision naturally said "not our camera, not our pbolem" - they wouldn't send me the XML file to free up the password. The password helper didn't work either (the one that exploits some v5.3 to change the pw).

iSpy wouldn't work

I did the "custom downgrade" thread here, then the 5.24 downgrade but for some reason the firmware version looked like 4.x and it wouldn't let me do anything. The tftp program halted on file transfer

BUT

I went to hikvsion's website, decided the VC825 most closely resembled the DS-2CD2112F-I, so I downloaded the 5.3.0 Firmware, used the TFTP guides here to upload it and BLAMO! we're in business baby! I activated the camera through iVMS-4200 just now

Steps:
1. download the 5.3.0 firmware for DS-2CD2112F-I from here
2. follow the steps here except use the firmware file with the 5.3 one you just downloaded
3. connect the camera to your LAN
4. download the ivms4200 program
5. When the cam pops up in the bottom, highlight and click "Activate" - you'll be able to SET YOUR PASSWORD ERMUHGEERD
6. HAVE A BIG PARTY

I posted this as a way to give back to this awesome community and to hopefully get some SEO for this problem in case anybody else gets locked into one of these stupid Alarm.com cameras and gets stranded between hikvision and ADC.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an ADC-VC827p. I feel like its really close to your model number so it should work. I am very familiar with hik tftp but could not get this working. You do anything special to get it into some tftp recovery mode? Have 12 of them in total so its worth trying to convert them.