Stymied with NVR settings

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently upgraded from a Dahua hybrid NVR/DVR to a Hikvision DS-9632NI-I8 NVR.

I've slowly gotten to understand most of the functionality - I'm just stuck on one thing that I think it should do but I can't get it to do.

I want to capture simple snapshots of events - so, for instance, if I have an intrusion smart event then I want the NVR to capture a jpeg of it and store it ON the NVR. I was doing this via FTP and that worked fine but I found it tedious having to go to the ftp server and delete old files all the time so I shut that down. Is it possible to do that? To capture these snapshots on the NVR hard drive, rather than a remote drive?

Under storage->settings->record schedule I have it set to enabled and purple (event) 24/7 and under capture parameters I've set my jpeg size. But if that's doing anything then I'm not sure where it's storing it. The logical place in my mind would be in the picture tab but I get nothing in the picture tab ever. For that matter what is the picture tab even for?

Thanks in advance for any help understanding this part.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This should be possible when setting up "Smart Event" on the NVR. when you perform a search, it would present the snapshots.

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is one of my smart event settings showing the area settings and linkage method. This records video but it doesn't generate any snapshots. So if I go to playback I can play back the recordings but if I go to Picture there's nothing there.

1635090865297.png

1635090905213.png

Attachments

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Oops... I think I found where I've been going wrong... I wasn't searching properly in the picture tab.

My bad...

Sorry to waste your time and thanks for the help.