Streaming the rtsp streams to VLC has terrible breakup for main streams

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I've connected two cameras to a DS2-7608-NI:E2 NVR and am having some issues with viewing the cameras remotely.
Live View is working now, within the Web GUI, but when I try to open the main streams in VLC I just get the below. I see things change as they go past, but it doesn't get any better then this.

upload_2016-11-17_9-53-2.png

The Sub stream seems to play ok though, so maybe its the connection over the powerline plug, but when I try to download the video clips from the NVR it seems to be as expecteds ~8MB a second.

The Powerline app shows it's connected at 110Mb a second and I know that doesn't always mean it's getting that, but the download test seems to lend weight to this speed.

Anything else I can try to get this working?

Paul

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your droping iframes; likely due to a combination of high bandwidth over powerline and using udp.. go into prefrences, input/codec and make sure you have TCP forced.

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 1.42.26 PM.png

you also should backoff your bitrate some if your having performance issues over powerline.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply nayr, I've have backed it off a bit now. From 6500 to 4500 and dropped the fps from the camera max to 10. This seems to have resolved it.
I had tested this with a direct network connection, two bake running from the ground floor to the attic with a switch joining them, and it was still the same over that.

On a plus Note, dropping this seems to have solved my issue of emails not having attached pictures upon events.

Paul

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk