Strange NVR behavior

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just added a new Hikvision turret camera on my NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P, V3.4.98 build 171121). In the TV output, the camera's video displays fine in the single screen mode, but **DOES NOT** display in any of the multiple screen modes. In these modes, all I get is the “NO LINK”message where the camera's video should be. Yet when I login to the NVR (LAN or WAN), the new camera displays fine, in any of the screen modes.

Any idea what causes that behavior?

Thanks

-S

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just added a new Hikvision turret camera on my NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P, V3.4.98 build 171121). In the TV output, the camera's video displays fine in the single screen mode, but **DOES NOT** display in any of the multiple screen modes. In these modes, all I get is the “NO LINK”message where the camera's video should be. Yet when I login to the NVR (LAN or WAN), the new camera displays fine, in any of the screen modes.

Any idea what causes that behavior?

Thanks

-S
muticamera display uses the substream. Check the substream settings.

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
Previous version of firmware had a problem with substream for me. Upgrade to latest version

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fredkruger and fenderman for your responses.

To fredkruger: I believe NVR firmware (V3.4.98) is the latest available for this NVR (was recently pointed to me by AlastairStevenson). If you know of a later version, let me know.
To fenderman: Substream settings of the new camera are identical to the substream settings of another (same model) camera. See image below. On the left are substream settings for the new camera (D7), while on the right are substream settings for an identical camera model (D2).

Strangely, this problem appears ONLY on the NVR output to a TV. When I login to the NVR, all is well.

I welcome other suggestion(s).

-S

Attachments

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I was meaning the firmware in the camera, not sure what cameras you have, but if they are EasyIP 3.0 Cameras (G1 Series cameras) then the substream had a problem on firmware before V5.5.82 for me.

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Three cameras are DS-2CD2335FWD-I and they all have firmware 5.5.51, so not clear why two substreams show up on TV and one does not . . .

I will look at updating to 5.5.82 on all three and will report results

-S

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I updated camera D7 to firmware 5.5.61 (the most recent version on the Hikvision US web site). I did not yet update the other two EasyIP 3.0 Cameras. The problems is still there: no substream displayed on the TV for the D7 camera.

Something is still not right: when I adjust image parameters (within the NVR) such as OSD, brightness/contrast/saturation, I see the small feedback video. Is that the substream? If it is, then the substream is properly generated and transmitted by the camera and then shown in the NVR. Why not on the TV is a mystery . . .

-S

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I updated camera D7 to firmware 5.5.61 (the most recent version on the Hikvision US web site). I did not yet update the other two EasyIP 3.0 Cameras. The problems is still there: no substream displayed on the TV for the D7 camera.

Something is till not right: when I adjust image parameters (within the NVR) such as OSD, brightness/contrast/saturation, I see the small feedback video. Is that the substream? If it is, then the substream is properly generated and transmitted by the camera and then shown in the NVR. Why not on the TV is a mystery . . .

-S
what is your tv resolution?

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To recap: in multiple screen mode on a TV, "NO LINK" is displayed for the camera plugged in POE port 7:
- Double clicking on "NO LINK" puts "NO LINK" full screen,
- Yet selecting "Single Screen" and then camera 7 places its video full screen,
- There is evidence both streams arrive at the NVR and it processes them (see bullet above for Main stream) and -I suspect- the Sub stream is displayed when adjusting the camera's image

The plot thickens, though:
- I moved camera to POE port 8 -> success. Seeing both Main and Sub streams in single and multiple screens -> So the TV works
- I moved camera back to POE port 7 -> still no Sub stream in multiple screen mode

Is POE port 7 faulty? It's a serial port, so the streams travel on the same wires ...

-S