Stored directory by year/month/date

danoh

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to break out items in the "Stored" directory into subdirectories?

For example, in Clips and Archiving settings, can I use some type of variable in the path name like: D:\BlueIris\Stored\%Y\%M\%D to make stored clips go into D:\BlueIris\Stored\2019\06\30\filename.mp4

I have written a PowerShell script that does this for me, but once I move the .mp4 files using PowerShell, they can't be played from BlueIris because the file can't be found (as expected)

If not possible, how can I add a feature request for variables in the path name? I think having variables available here that match those available in php's date() would be awesome to keep things organized and sane on the filesystem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to break out items in the "Stored" directory into subdirectories?

For example, in Clips and Archiving settings, can I use some type of variable in the path name like: D:\BlueIris\Stored\%Y\%M\%D to make stored clips go into D:\BlueIris\Stored\2019\06\30\filename.mp4

I have written a PowerShell script that does this for me, but once I move the .mp4 files using PowerShell, they can't be played from BlueIris because the file can't be found (as expected)

If not possible, how can I add a feature request for variables in the path name? I think having variables available here that match those available in php's date() would be awesome to keep things organized and sane on the filesystem.
There is no need for this other than ocd. Blue iris manages the files.

Nanookofthenorth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

another option (just an idea) is you could use a third party video player and play the playlist from the windows file tree (i.e. D:\BlueIris\Stored\2019\06\30\*.*)