Storage problem on Hikvision NVR, any ideas?

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2 (16p) NVR and for some reason I can't seem to utilize all space for recording. Besides that the NVR seems to work fine.

I have 2 drives setup, I tried to group the 2 together as one, and also tried to put half of the channels on one, and the other half on the other drive. (Through Remote Config)

There are 2 3gb drives. And one is showing 1,700gb free and other 2,362gb free. So seems like NVR is not utilizing all the space but is deleting older feedback. I'm getting only about 3-4 days worth of records per camera.

I'm not quite sure what is going on. Please advice if you have any idea.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you re-visit the size and space figures and post a screenshot of the HDD setup of the NVR?
Have you been tinkering with the 'groups' space allocation as opposed to just leaving all HDD settings at defaults?

1advancing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you re-visit the size and space figures and post a screenshot of the HDD setup of the NVR?
Have you been tinkering with the 'groups' space allocation as opposed to just leaving all HDD settings at defaults?
hello, I'll try to get a screenshot/photo soon. The location partners split and the internet got turned off so we are trying to fix that. But I should be onsite tomorrow and will take a look.
Initially they were set to defaults. I started messing with different grouping options only after I noticed the problem. I tried grouping the drive as one group and also setting half cameras to one drive and other to other, seems to be same issue. I haven't had too much time to mess with it but not sure what else I could try besides getting one larger drive but that is problematic.
thanks for your response.