Stop recording on a schedule

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking through and I can't find a clear cut (at least to me) way to scheduling a recording. I have an inside camera pointing out through a window, at night, it can't see anything so I'd like to stop wasting bandwidth and disk writes, can I schedule this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking through and I can't find a clear cut (at least to me) way to scheduling a recording. I have an inside camera pointing out through a window, at night, it can't see anything so I'd like to stop wasting bandwidth and disk writes, can I schedule this?
Blue iris has a very powerful schedule feature set. Not only can you schedule it you can have the schedule adjust relative to sunrise sunset. See schedule and profiles in the help file. For a single camera is easiest to override the global schedule in that particular cameras schedule tab.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll play with that a bit more than, I am sure that I overlooked that option within the schedule. Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an inside camera pointing out through a window, at night, it can't see anything ....
Aside from your schedule question, I was just wondering if you have the IR disabled to prevent reflection from the glass.
I have one cam set up like that, at night it sees a well-lit flag and flagpole and of course auto headlights and tail lights coming and going.