Step-up from Dahua/Hikvision?

YouHF

n3wb
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts about a potential step-up from Dahua/Hikvision/Chinese cameras? I've overall been happy with my Hikvision/Dahua cameras, however want to maximize image quality for a front-facing overview camera on a house, and am willing to pay a bit more than Dahua/Hikvision if noticibe image quality improvement is available for 2-3x cost. Vivotek? Avigilon? Something else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts about a potential step-up from Dahua/Hikvision/Chinese cameras? I've overall been happy with my Hikvision/Dahua cameras, however want to maximize image quality for a front-facing overview camera on a house, and am willing to pay a bit more than Dahua/Hikvision if noticibe image quality improvement is available for 2-3x cost. Vivotek? Avigilon? Something else?
Paying more does not equate to a better image nor does brand. Within the same brand there are cameras with poor sensors and cameras with great sensors. The term "image quality" is not something that can be quantified. Are you looking for lowlight/night perfomance, resolution, WDR perfomance, etc..