Staying connected on a mobile device.

Reaction score
I have an Amazon Fire I keep in the kitchen so I can see my cameras. Strangely enough, after a few minutes to hours the app appears to crash. The app is no longer running. I click the icon and it fires right back up. I can't tell at this point if this is a feature or a bug. How can I debug this further?

pomonabill220

Banned
Reaction score
I have the app on a Nvidia Shield K1, and when viewing my cameras I get random flashing on any/every camera, and if there is enough flashing my app crashes also.
I am 8 feet away from my router and inside line of sight when this happens, so NO it isn't the wireless connection.
Other than that, the app is ok.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the app on a Nvidia Shield K1, and when viewing my cameras I get random flashing on any/every camera, and if there is enough flashing my app crashes also.
I am 8 feet away from my router and inside line of sight when this happens, so NO it isn't the wireless connection.
Other than that, the app is ok.
The flashing issue is specific to your setup as the rest of us dont see this.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an Amazon Fire I keep in the kitchen so I can see my cameras. Strangely enough, after a few minutes to hours the app appears to crash. The app is no longer running. I click the icon and it fires right back up. I can't tell at this point if this is a feature or a bug. How can I debug this further?
Not sure if the same setting is on the Fire, but on my Galaxy I disabled App Optimization, aside from the annoying notifications it kept closing apps. See if app optimization is under Battery -> app optimization and disable Blue Iris

pomonabill220

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Zeddy for the tip, although BI does not have app optimization enabled, and never has. hhmmm... (guess I am not the only one with this problem!)