Static objects cause false positives in the rain

awitty987

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody have a recommendation/solution to reduce the number of false alerts generated in poor conditions / rain ?

You can see from the attached screen shot that the silver and white cars where detected as static objects, but for some reason the silver car has then triggered an alert . This frequently happens in the rain, and it's not uncommon to have 20/30 false alerts over a short period.

Note the 3rd car (dark blue on the left) is not detected at all due to the poor light conditions - but i don't belive this causes a problem when you look at the data

Attachments

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is part of the issue with static objects. The ai sees the car when it does not move as a static object, however when the rain passes over the vehicle it alters the static object picture and the ai picks it up as movement and thinks that the static object is moving. It is one of the caveats of ai and the way the system is implemented.

There are a few things that you can do to help with the issue if you are using IR when this is happening on camera you can use a remote IR light (Separate from the camera) or you can use the profile system to turn off static objects at a certain time. You can also turn off vehicle detection in that area and it will disable the false alerts coming from that area using the zoning system.

I personally use the later solution for my driveway as a vehicle pulling into that area is not as high a concern as say a person being there.