Starting collection of videos with flying packages

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Happened all within an hour. Luckily it wasn't a camera in there... :)

Huisun v1

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a professional - he nailed the landing spot on. He'd be a good partner for horseshoes :)

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm sure they do the same thing before they reach your house

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to work at a FedEX sort facility, trust me, if there was something broken in that box, it happened way before it reached your house.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I used to work at a FedEX sort facility, trust me, if there was something broken in that box, it happened way before it reached your house.
Inside package were shoes, so no damage was done. I rarely gotten broken stuff in the mail though, mainly glass items.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had an old Dell Precision workstation shipped UPS from Indiana to New York recently; those machines are built like Sherman Tanks. It looked like it had been beaten with a sledgehammer when it arrived. A total loss, good only for parts.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did'ja see this one? UPS driver tosses three packages - one of which contained a ton of small arms ammo - over a gate that was unlocked. Package busted open, and most of the cases containing the rounds went everywhere...

At what point do these carriers wise up and realize that every home can have cameras? Or is it that they just don't care? Sad...
@klasipca, what did you use to blur the faces? The blur tracking is pretty neat - is that difficult to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have done video editing in the past so it's not difficult but could be time consuming for someone who never done this before, you do need right software to do that. I used old copy of Sony Vegas Pro.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did'ja see this one? UPS driver tosses three packages - one of which contained a ton of small arms ammo - over a gate that was unlocked. Package busted open, and most of the cases containing the rounds went everywhere...

At what point do these carriers wise up and realize that every home can have cameras? Or is it that they just don't care? Sad...
@klasipca, what did you use to blur the faces? The blur tracking is pretty neat - is that difficult to do?
That really is too much. I don't really hold these guys accountable for the occasional frisbee or package throw a few feet of something light, but a box of ammo isn't light and he just leaves the whole thing to bust up on the ground. I would also report that.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't see how this makes the news though. If I don't get the right cheeseburger at mcdonalds I don't call the news station. Glad my driver is the bomb

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't see how this makes the news though. If I don't get the right cheeseburger at mcdonalds I don't call the news station. Glad my driver is the bomb
Because news isn't news. News = entertainment. Real news you have to unearth yourself, as it's usually not glitzy or interesting enough to make it past the cutting room floor. This was entertaining because people can relate to having their stuff broken in transit. And I'm sure because it was "ammo" - something will immediately kill children and little puppies just by its appearance - helped add to the glitz factor.