Starlights with strange IP address

Reaction score
I have four HDW4231EMP-AS cameras that were purchased new in 2017. They were never powered and remained in their original boxes.
I plugged them in and the Dahua config tool says that they are all initialized with an IP address of 192.168.0.123 which doesn't seem to be the default IP for Dahua.
They do not accept the password of admin or 123456.
I have tried doing a factory reset on two of them and nothing changes. I took them apart and found the reset button.
I tried both with power on and starting with the power off and hold it for upto several minutes. I hear a click but the camera does not rest and the IP address remains and it says initialized.
Two cameras from the same order have worked flawlessly.
Does the firmware need to be updated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Where were these purchased?

Factory reset Dahua cams will present you with the country/date page when connected to them via a browser and not a login screen. Sounds like they are not factory new cams.

Reaction score
I've tried it 5 or six times. I'm either doing it wrong or it isn't going to work.
I'll give it another shot.
I've tried it both ways but should the rest button be pushed with power on, or should power be off, push in the button and then turn on power?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
while connected to power. Should work while connected to the NVR PoE port

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since it is being stubborn, hold the reset in for over a minute while the camera has power. Hear the IR click several times and hopefully that gets it going.

Reaction score
It does not have a door but it is under what looks like a microSD card slot.

I have held it until I heard one click and two clicks. Tried repowering after hearing the clicks and not repowering after the click or clicks.

Reaction score
i thought it would show up in the pic. Yes. If I removed the circuit board the button would be in that location.
In the full image it is in the dark area under the board.

Attachments

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
From past experience from others press and hold the reset switch for 5-20 seconds. If there is a green LED it will go out indicating the hardware has been defaulted to an OEM state.

Obviously, you’ll try holding the button for 5 / 20 seconds to see what happens! As an aside some people have indicated connecting the camera to 12 VDC vs POE helped.

I’m not sure why that would be but give that a shot too!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You said
I plugged them in and the Dahua config tool says that they are all initialized with an IP address of 192.168.0.123

Did you/were you able to go into each one and change the IP to something else?

What are they plugged into? NVR? Model#?

If so can you show us a pic of the camera registration screen on the NVR?

Reaction score
They are plugged into a switch with POE ports. I downloaded the Dahua Config Tool software to a laptop. I thought maybe the config tool corrupted the camera so I unistalled it, reloaded it and tried a different camera.
Same thing. No, I couldn't change IP.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What are they recording to?

So you have 4 cameras all with the same IP address of 192.168.0.123 ? If so thats a conflict. Weird shit will happen until you get that worked out

You need to unplug all and deal with 1 camera at a time and get its IP changed, they all have to be unique