SRICAM AP009 Can't find camera on network

bradrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with the AP009 as I am having a problem finding the camera on the network even though everything is setup correctly and i can view the camera on wireless from my mobile internally on wifi and also on 3g.

I have tried running the p2p finder and also the viewer application and neither can see the device on the network, i am using the same subnet as my PC's and they are all connected through the same AP so there should be no connectivity problems as the IP is set dynamically.

Has anyone got any further ideas as i will be looking into setting this up as a camera system managed by either ZoneMinder or Motion on a Ubuntu box but can't get past the first stage of even connecting to the camera from my windows laptop with the manufacturer software.

Thanks
Brad

Reaction score
I know what you mean...my device manager is blank and you have to navigate it blind...it will not connect to the internet apart from the mobile app.

bradrob

n3wb
Reaction score
Figured out how to find the camera after having a move away from the problem, the problem was that the port scan in the iSpy software was defaulted to 80, 8080, this is not the port that the AP009 uses.

The port that the device actually uses is 81 so if you port scan using the iSPY software on port 81 instead you get the camera listed and then you can scan the camera for sources and use the source path in other products to access the camera i.e. ZoneMinder, Motion or of course the software scanned with iSpy.

Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Brad

Reaction score
Figured out how to find the camera after having a move away from the problem, the problem was that the port scan in the iSpy software was defaulted to 80, 8080, this is not the port that the AP009 uses.

The port that the device actually uses is 81 so if you port scan using the iSPY software on port 81 instead you get the camera listed and then you can scan the camera for sources and use the source path in other products to access the camera i.e. ZoneMinder, Motion or of course the software scanned with iSpy.

Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Brad

It Worked, Been trying to sort this out for ages its port 81!! thanks Brad!!