Spots on Image 4mp Hik

freezercam

n3wb
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 10.02.35 PM.png
I have two 4mp hikvision dome cameras (LTS). They both are exhibiting this phenomenon at night. Im assuming it has something to do with Ir reflecting off the dome? If I am correct is there anything I can do or should I just go with turrets instead?

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
View attachment 13065
I have two 4mp hikvision dome cameras (LTS). They both are exhibiting this phenomenon at night. Im assuming it has something to do with Ir reflecting off the dome? If I am correct is there anything I can do or should I just go with turrets instead?

How long have you had them mounted there?

I noticed the exact same thing on a few of mine after about a year. I brought them in, took them apart, and cleaned every single piece. When I re-mounted them they were like new again, and that was months ago. Another time I had similar spots but it actually was IR reflection. If you move or wiggle the cameras around, what happens to the spots? The answer to that should tell you quite a bit.

hendrick

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be condensation on the lens or inside of the dome. Try cleaning the lens and dome, add some silica pellet packets and make sure the cover is secured tightly.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 13065
You are correct. As one of the posters above said, try cleaning them off and guaranteeing there is no condensation inside. Silica packets will help if it is condensation but only for so long, until they become saturated. Turrets might be a better option but what kind of protection from the elements do they have? how are they mounted, etc?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks much like the IR reflection I experienced on a couple of my HIK bullets when I had them mounted outside a while back.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use alcohol plus microfiber to clean the dome.comes out nice.instructions from hik say to use those two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk