SPi's X27 4th Gen ultra low light colour imager (!!!!!!)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, if anybody is looking to get me a belated birthday present, well, this might be a little hint.

http://www.x20.org/color-night-vision/

I'm still going "Holy Crap!" in my mind. The videos linked are NIGHT IMAGES.

I won't mind if a bunch of you chip in together to get me one when they become available. Honest. And if someone could shoehorn it into a 30x PTZ housing with a 1.21 Gigawatt laser for sterilizing vermin, well, consider next year's present covered too.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wasent until he pointed it up at the stars that I was convinced it was actually night, badass.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So what's the cost?

As a side note, I have to wonder what natural lighting was available. Was this the middle of the night or was this just after sunset when the stars first started becoming visible with still some twilight in the sky? Was it a full moon? Were there city lights nearby? What latitude and time of year? No doubt it's impressive, but I just wonder if everyone would get those results at all times or if those images are only reserved for just after sunset or only when it's a full moon, etc...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of those details are mentioned in the videos, like southern US, half moon, obviously clear sky because stars are visible, etc.

Cost? "If you have to ask how much then you can't afford it" is the standard answer. I'm betting not cheap at first, particularly with the military being a big market. No AliExpress specials on this one.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some of those details are mentioned in the videos, like southern US, half moon, obviously clear sky because stars are visible, etc.
Doh'!!! Guess it would help if I read the text instead of jumping straight to the video :eek:h:

Cost? "If you have to ask how much then you can't afford it" is the standard answer. I'm betting not cheap at first, particularly with the military being a big market. No AliExpress specials on this one.
Yeah, I figured as much..Heck, even a professional grade Hikvision is out of my budget, even WITH the Aliexpress discount :shame: ....Was just curious. Kinda like when I see a mansion and ask "how much is it?" knowing in advance that it's going to cost 5 times the amount of money I make in my whole lifetime.....Just dreaming in case I happen to hit oil one day while digging in my garden and strike it rich.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Huisun, Longse, and Cantonk won't be offering these any time soon.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
when they do, expect a huge dent in crime.. but yeah, the military's going to want these for there drone craft before they let any of us have a go at it.

Roger22

n3wb
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible, I have never seen a camera that can match the performance of generation 3 image intensified night vision performance, especially in COLOUR. Have a gander at thier video that has the x27 next to a gen 3 night goggle,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZiZsQRmOM

absolutely insane. With this sensitivity, the applications are endless like documentaries, wildlife photography, astronomy, scientific and medical imaging to name some. I would love to get my hands on one of these