Spinning my wheels with ftp upload

Kingsley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have read every ftp/BI related post that google will help me to find. I've think I've tried everything, but I'm still flummoxed.

I'm trying to have a cloned camera upload short mp4 files when a cloned camera is triggered. My ftp site is accessible, test file gets posted, and even regular series of jpgs are being posted to the designated ftp folder. But the videos are not. They are designated for upload, but don't. Can you see what I am doing wrong?

And then strangely, a video file from a different camera is getting uploaded to the designated folder, and I cannot find any evidence that the file is designated for upload.

ftp01.JPGftp02.JPGftp03.JPGftp04.JPGftp05.JPGftp06.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've probably got eight hours of trial and error with this and I think I'm onto a solution.

For no reason that I can explain, clips all throughout my database were marked as queued for ftp. These designations were certainly not made by me. I went through a process of selecting all cameras and re-setting the upload queue flag and refreshed the data base several times. Had to deselect the upload flag several times as well. Re-booted and re-started BI.

What I am now getting, is a series of uploads from a camera I deleted, so I have no access that I know of to delete them from the queue. They aren't very large, so I am deleting them from the server as they get uploaded.

With any luck, before I retire in the wee hours of tomorrow, these "deleted camera uploads" will have been cleared out and the files from the one camera I wanted to upload will begin.

Postscript: As expected, the deleted camera files didn't take long to upload by ftp, and now the new cam files have successfully uploaded.

Last edited by a moderator: