Speaker that can connect to the Dahau Cameras ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So when I was fitting the cameras I noticed there were a couple of extra wires not in use...Can anyone recommend a very loud speaker that I can speak through the iDMSS app on my iphone

One of my cameras monitors a driveway and it would be great to be able to shout at people who park illegally

many thanks

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So when I was fitting the cameras I noticed there were a couple of extra wires not in use...Can anyone recommend a very loud speaker that I can speak through the iDMSS app on my iphone

One of my cameras monitors a driveway and it would be great to be able to shout at people who park illegally

many thanks
You will need a speaker with built-in Amplifier and it will normally need 12V DC power.
Outdoor horn speaker like this but not IP, just 12DC in & Audio in from your IPC Audio out

Last edited:

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I really only need a tiny speaker as people will be very close also those horn speakers look massive and pretty ugly, I live in a listed building so wanted something a bit smaller and smarter looking..might look like a prison yard with those large horn speakers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks I really only need a tiny speaker as people will be very close also those horn speakers look massive and pretty ugly, I live in a listed building so wanted something a bit smaller and smarter looking..might look like a prison yard with those large horn speakers
You can buy a small marine speaker and a tiny amplifier and mount in the soffit if your home design allows for it.

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then can try this
Tiny speaker

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I had good results with a motorcycle speaker.
  • IP67 waterproof
  • 12V power.
  • built in amp
  • POE splitter compatible (the 12V splitter type)
  • Loud
  • small
  • comes with volume control, which you set once for the proper volume.
  • bonus: two speakers
  • Spkrs are designed to have an acceptable appearance.
  • some brands are inexpensive.

I used this variety:
12 spkr

Good luck,
Fastb

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.