speaker in IPC-T5241H-AS-PV stopped working!

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am hoping someone here can help me. I have two IPC-T5241H-AS-PV model TiOC cameras (Dahau clones). Both of these were working fine until I recently upgraded my NVR software (Frigate 0.11.1 to 0.12.0). Now I cannot get either camera to play the audio file associated with its alarm function. I can still trigger the LED light on/off. It is just the alarm that won't work.

When I log into the cameras directly and try to manually play the alarm audio files, I get the following error message pop up in a box on the screen: "Failed to play audio or existing audio playback!" It doesn't matter whether I try the wav file that I've been using or one of the other ones--all of pre-installed files result in the same message. However, I can download these wav files from the cameras and play them on my laptop. So the files are definitely there.

Is there some way to reset the speaker in these cameras? Or even reset the whole camera?

Cold-Lemonade

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nick Mowen over at the Frigate github diagnosed the issue and provided the fix.

These cameras have two-way audio and if you're connecting to the using Frigate's go2rtc functionality, then you need to append #backchannel=0 to the end of the statement for these cameras.

If you haven't checked out Frigate version 0.12, I completely recommend it.