Sound recording on HIK NVR

bosstec

n3wb
Reaction score
I am testing a setup with HIK NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A and with a microphone thru a mixer to the LINE IN.
I also have the LINE OUT to the mixer, to hear during playback.
But the NVR seems not to record the audio or not playing back the audio.

In the "Record - Parameters - More Settings" menu, the "Record Audio" is checked.
I have tryed both " Video" and "Video + Audio" streams checked (but the audio is not comming from the camera).

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You will not get any audio doing it like that. The mic needs to be on the cameras end, so you either need a camera with integrated mic, or with audio input.

Keep in mind that this is not a DVR; the encoding is done on the camera's end. It is the camera who turns the video (and audio if it has it) to 0s and 1s, and send it over the network. The NVR just receives the stream and writes it on the hard drive. It will not add any audio from the line in on the NVR.

bosstec

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok that make sense to my tests, but what is the LINE IN and LINE OUT intended for then?

What about HIK DVRs. Can I record the sound from the LINE IN on this machines?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bidirectional audio. If you had a camera with audio input/output, whatever audio comes from the camera you could hear it on the LINE OUT on the NVR; and you could put a mic on the LINE IN on the NVR, and you could "talk" to the camera (the sound would be heard on the speaker/lint out of the camera).

I think DVRs don't have LINE IN, they have AUDIO IN, and in those units it is associated with the VIDEO IN.