Software just to VIEW my cameras?

Bryank930

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have BI setup on my main computer doing all the NVR stuff. I want to be able to view my cameras while I'm out in the garage (detached). What software can I use to just view them? I know I can just open them up in a browser, but I'd rather not do it that way.

Thanks!

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which cameras do you have? I have Hikvision cameras, and use Sighthound for recording and then just the iVMS software to view the live feeds.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that. I have 1 Hikvision, and 1 foscam, and 1 foscam clone.
If you want something free just for viewing you can try ispy...you can also buy a second copy of blue iris for a discounted 30 dollars from the developer..whats wrong with the web browser for garage viewing?

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have BI setup on my main computer doing all the NVR stuff. I want to be able to view my cameras while I'm out in the garage (detached). What software can I use to just view them? I know I can just open them up in a browser, but I'd rather not do it that way.

Thanks!
When you say "just open them up in a browser" are you referring to accessing the cameras software directly by using its IP address?
Or do you mean that you would not like to use a browser at all?

I use Blue Iris Remote View in my browser from my office to see my cameras at home.
No second license needed.
It's a somewhat limited interface, but then again... it's from a browser.

lunokhod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use VLC to stream direct from my Hikvision camera when I just want to see the live feed. Works a treat.