so today started pretty cool with my cameras recording a fox catching at rat but went downhill from there

Reaction score
I went to view the other cameras on my new machine and there no new videos on any of the cameras on this machine so I checked for updates and it said my license was now a basic license so I hopped over to the older machine to see if I messed up my license when I find it running slow normally it runs pretty fast so I checked task manger and BI and Avast was using most of the CPU and memory. Checked Avast and it had not updated completely so I tried to stop it reboot and restart it but no go than I find it had found a virus Spy Boy!MSR and a little searching leads me to this looks like a good one

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol....time to stop with using the hard stuff...

Reaction score
it looks like SpyBoy!MSR is a very strong malware that not even the top 31 antivirus and anti malware programs have been able to prevent it.
now this is my main blueiris machine so it is not used for downloading, reading mail or live streaming , so I am at a loss at how it could have gotten effected.

this is what I have done so far

I tried stopping Avast and was unable to, tried uninstalling Avast after rebooting into safe mode. not able to
tried downloading Malwarebytes and it stopped the install at 75%
it will not allow microsoft security to run
I am running the latest version of windows 10 64
latest version of Avast professional IMG_2862.jpegIMG_2862.jpegIMG_2863.jpeg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you install malwarefox at anypoint?