So I roughly have installed a 5442 6mm birdhouse camera on lamp post 50' from my front door....with tire slashing incursion discussion

Reaction score
Dang - did you deny her advances towards you or something LOL. What is this 3 times now.
I really do not want to air out dirty laundry on the internet... but bascially, she lived here for 2 years as a platonic friend (I never dabble when it's a roomate situation). At first, she had job and helped with utility bills. Lost job, started meth and doing bad things. Gave her 6 months heads up notice that she needed to depart the house. She did depart as friends, or so I thought. Loss of mental health afterwards, bipolarism, more drugs, etc. Currently, I am sure she blames me for whatever situation she is in because I had her depart my house.
That about sums it up.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I really do not want to air out dirty laundry on the internet... but bascially, she lived here for 2 years as a platonic friend (I never dabble when it's a roomate situation). At first, she had job and helped with utility bills. Lost job, started meth and doing bad things. Gave her 6 months heads up notice that she needed to depart the house. She did depart as friends, or so I thought. Loss of mental health afterwards, bipolarism, more drugs, etc. Currently, I am sure she blames me for whatever situation she is in because I had her depart my house.
That about sums it up.
That makes 100% sense. The drugs will make then turn on everyone and blame everyone but themselves. Good luck man.

Reaction score
On a good note... got the SMS notification with pic operational on specific camera alerts. About 2 second delay. Acceptable for the time being. I really need to learn scheduling as I am sure I'll get tons of texts during the day.

Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang that sucks - but that explains it - she totally blames you for her troubles and on drugs she doesn't care about being caught on camera.

Time to up it a notch with the police. I suspect you have enough to know it is her, hoodie and all.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I would try to sort some things out with her so she would quit slashing my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Restraining order makes all the perfect sense, at least in the realm of unsolicited internet advice.
How long before she 'steps up' to arson or bodily harm?
She seriously needs incarceration. Could be the 'turning point' before a better life.
Maybe something can be filed regarding "spousal abuse" or some similar category that would put her in the NICS sytem to at least block her from, say, a (legal) gun purchase.

Reaction score
Restraining order makes all the perfect sense, at least in the realm of unsolicited internet advice.
How long before she 'steps up' to arson or bodily harm?
She seriously needs incarceration. Could be the 'turning point' before a better life.
Maybe something can be filed regarding "spousal abuse" or some similar category that would put her in the NICS sytem to at least block her from, say, a (legal) gun purchase.
this is what concerns me most. Once I have my secured parking area, what else would a person be capable of? I am thinking Glenn Close & the rabbit kind of mental health issues.
On a side note... this has forced me to learn about Blue Iris schedules & profiles rather fast :) So a silver lining!

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Seriously, consider law enforcement. She is clearly unstable, fixated on you as her target, clearly willing to perform premeditated acts of property damage, repeatedly. Erecting a new barrier is NOT going suddenly make her timid. It's not likely to elicit "oh, a fence! OK, I'll leave him alone, now".
Escalation is almost guaranteed. You should take your BI evidence to the authorities, post haste. Get a No Trespass first, seek an RO, then explore any options the LEO might offer.

Reaction score
Seriously, consider law enforcement. She is clearly unstable, fixated on you as her target, clearly willing to perform premeditated acts of property damage, repeatedly. Erecting a new barrier is NOT going suddenly make her timid. It's not likely to elicit "oh, a fence! OK, I'll leave him alone, now".
Escalation is almost guaranteed. You should take your BI evidence to the authorities, post haste. Get a No Trespass first, seek an RO, then explore any options the LEO might offer.
already filed police report. starting temp restraining order. She is the type that hides/avoids the police when they want to talk to her, but turns into a Karen to call the police when it suits her. So yes, more official reports and legal mumbo jumbo in my favor is a must.
Sidenote: inside home protection is secured via a Glock and Mossberg.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not see a restraining order having any affect on her. It is simply a piece of paper to her. Will probably make her more aggressive and start throwing rocks thru windows and other acts. Especially when she is high.

It will help build the legal case for you though, but be ready for increased and more aggressive activity.

I would seriously look at a cam or a speaker with your voice on it - it may not phase her, but hearing a recording of you may spook her away?

But let's hope the restraining order does scare her and she doesn't retaliate further.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not see a restraining order having any affect on her. It is simply a piece of paper to her. Will probably make her more aggressive and start throwing rocks thru windows and other acts. Especially when she is high.

It will help build the legal case for you though, but be ready for increased and more aggressive activity.

I would seriously look at a cam or a speaker with your voice on it - it may not phase her, but hearing a recording of you may spook her away?

But let's hope the restraining order does scare her and she doesn't retaliate further.
This is turning into a much broader forum topic than a birdhouse :)
But I want to share with folks what happens AFTER you record a video of a vandalism crime. So I'll keep at it. Or should I start a new post?
Either way, making a consultation appt with my lawyer (thankfully, 15-30 min consultation is free) as I need to know the Nevada legalities of what to do in case a person comes onto my property with the suspicious intent to do auto/home vandalism and also how to start the TPO process. Yes, it's just a piece of paper. But the more legal mumbo jumbo in my corner, the better.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find this very relevant as it will help us all know possibilities if KNOWN people continue to violate our property and how the cameras aided or not in resolution to the issue.

Plus I think your iterations of showing how you modified your system after each event in an effort to get better footage will serve as a great tool to everyone.

Now granted, every LEO will be different and the outcome of your situation could be very different than an outcome somewhere else, but it is always good to see cases where cameras did provide meaningful data and used to prosecute.

Reaction score
12/22/20 minor update
She came back around 2:30am last week. Tried to take plates off my truck, but could not so scratch out registration sticker on license plate.
That would of been the 4th event. Filed 4th police report and stated that I needed police help badly cause no one has answers other than sitting on porch with a gun.
A week passes. Today, I get a phone call from dep't sergeant saying he is deeply sorry about the delay/mix up of someone getting back to me. Apparently, when filing online police reports of misdemeanors or petty crime, civilian aspects of the police force are the ones who delegate the paperwork. My previous 3 reports went to burglary and should of gone to his crimes dep't. He said yes, 4 incursions is a serious offense and should be considered felony territory (but he is no lawyer or judge). He is going to assign a detective now, so I'm happy. BTW, he said I have a fantastic security camera system :) Maybe he is used to Ring or $15 Amazon cameras.