So I roughly have installed a 5442 6mm birdhouse camera on lamp post 50' from my front door....with tire slashing incursion discussion

Reaction score
somewhere in my rush of information being jammed in my head, I thought I read somewhere that IVS would not work with Deepstack AI. Or something about IVS not working with BI. Either way, my head was hurting and went the 'ol faithful way of simple motion detection to get results fast.

Reaction score
side note since this is an ongoing post... bought my Postmaster+ fence posts and all the redwood for horizontal fencing. Cut out 7 holes with my 15 amp Bosch circular saw with diamond blade through 2" asphalt. Dug 2 holes down to 28" (24" is frost line). And now the weather is starting to get ugly. But, makiing progress for my secured parking area/privacy fence between me & neighbor:
PXL_20210117_235023615.MP.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, simple motion detection will get you lots of motion detection lol.

I run 24/7 continuous so it is more for scrubbing through triggers that happened, but I do like not having to see triggers for leaves and shadows LOL.

Cross-threading - I will be going down the Deepstack AI hole probably tonight LOL so I cannot answer that one yet about IVS, but for BI you can use IVS via the ONVIF triggers.

But you are right, the dark on dark can make IVS miss it.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS misses for me at night some on my driveway overview camera. I have the tripwires running over the road and sometimes it's late to take the snapshot and the car has passed out of the frame by the time it actually records the snapshot. It must be a darkness issues because I don't get that same behavior during the daytime.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
side note since this is an ongoing post... bought my Postmaster+ fence posts and all the redwood for horizontal fencing. Cut out 7 holes with my 15 amp Bosch circular saw with diamond blade through 2" asphalt. Dug 2 holes down to 28" (24" is frost line). And now the weather is starting to get ugly. But, makiing progress for my secured parking area/privacy fence between me & neighbor:
View attachment 79974
can you still get your trailer and car parked they if you put a fence up,

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would it be wise to make some wanted posters with the photos you have and post them along your and your neighbors property?

Reaction score
can you still get your trailer and car parked they if you put a fence up,
I selected the large square footage area possible. Primary consideration was storage of trailer & personal truck. Once the backyard is completed (I do have 5 pallets of retaining wall blocks back there taking up space), I have the option to put trailer in backyard and then put personal truck & work van in this area. Currently, I have to scoot in the work van into my 2 car garage. Is not ideal in my situation because the 2 car garage is my wood working shop. Can't do too much of that with things jammed left & right side to make room for work van.

Reaction score
Would it be wise to make some wanted posters with the photos you have and post them along your and your neighbors property?
I have already gone out in a 2 block radius of a selected 20 homes that I noticed had cameras with a flyer that had the latest image with my contact info. 75% had Ring doorbells which they even admit can't see squat in the dark past 2 feet, 20% had Ring doorbells but no acct so it's just there for show, 4% had those $150 complete 8 camera system/dvr's.
So yes, I did canvas the neighborhood going door-to-door. Howevere, I did not put up posters at the community mailbox's. That is a consideration.

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have already gone out in a 2 block radius of a selected 20 homes that I noticed had cameras with a flyer that had the latest image with my contact info. 75% had Ring doorbells which they even admit can't see squat in the dark past 2 feet, 20% had Ring doorbells but no acct so it's just there for show, 4% had those $150 complete 8 camera system/dvr's.
So yes, I did canvas the neighborhood going door-to-door. Howevere, I did not put up posters at the community mailbox's. That is a consideration.
Sorry, I meant to make WANTED posters with her face and picture then posted in around the neighborhood in attempt to scare her.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I selected the large square footage area possible. Primary consideration was storage of trailer & personal truck. Once the backyard is completed (I do have 5 pallets of retaining wall blocks back there taking up space), I have the option to put trailer in backyard and then put personal truck & work van in this area. Currently, I have to scoot in the work van into my 2 car garage. Is not ideal in my situation because the 2 car garage is my wood working shop. Can't do too much of that with things jammed left & right side to make room for work van.
I was looking at the trailer and the wheel is over a post hole .but it's difficult to judge on a photo. also the car looked a bit close to the fence but i was forgetting you guys across the pond get out of the wrong side of a vehicle lol. only joking

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
if that was the only video and camera, I would agree that it only shows her walking in the neighborhood. However, it is not the only camera with video. Is why I have multiple cameras :) The PTZ I just installed shows her walking towards the truck. My 5231 in B&W night mode shows a head popping up here & there on other side of truck.
I would still say it's circumstancial unless you have footage of her actually causing damage. As said previously, it may be an excuse to question her informally, but if denied, they're going to have difficulty proving anything. The head popping up might help but in the UK at least, if the video didn't show her actually doing the damage, I doubt it would suffice. Maybe US law might be more lax on that. She could always throw out an explanation for going around the truck - she was trying to coax out a cat to stroke it, she dropped something and it rolled under etc. Pity your neighbours ring didn't capture her causing the damage.

Reaction score
I would still say it's circumstancial unless you have footage of her actually causing damage. As said previously, it may be an excuse to question her informally, but if denied, they're going to have difficulty proving anything. The head popping up might help but in the UK at least, if the video didn't show her actually doing the damage, I doubt it would suffice. Maybe US law might be more lax on that. She could always throw out an explanation for going around the truck - she was trying to coax out a cat to stroke it, she dropped something and it rolled under etc. Pity your neighbours ring didn't capture her causing the damage.
it's not like this would goto court with a grand jury. Besides, she has done 5 incursions into my area. I was not prepared for 4 of them. The last one, she didn't hit me but my neighbors. I am prepared for any incursion now and to do my civic duty and apprehend the subject.

Reaction score
I was looking at the trailer and the wheel is over a post hole .but it's difficult to judge on a photo. also the car looked a bit close to the fence but i was forgetting you guys across the pond get out of the wrong side of a vehicle lol. only joking
I have an addition 6"-8" on the left side of trailer once I clean up the dirt/grass to the edge of the blacktop. In the picture, you see trailer tire sitting on the excavated mound of asphalt. About 6" to the right you can see the square hole for the fence post. The fence post will even sit further away as has to be 6" more to the right to the center of the square. The vehicle in the picture is my neighbor's spare #3 truck which is to be gone by end of the week.
Oh...an no one look at the unfinished wiring mess above that 5231 camera :)

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
The vehicle in the picture is my neighbor's spare #3 truck which is to be gone by end of the week.
Oh...an no one look at the unfinished wiring mess above that 5231 camera :)
I resemble that remark!
I have both a camera that has been changed so many time while testing, that the cables are hanging down from it,
and a neighbors truck sitting here since we pulled the engine. It's not worth much, and I keep telling him I'm going
to take it to it's home(the junk yard). But he's really into Dodges, so I will leave it be.

Reaction score
6th incursion.
No property damage as I caught her before she could. Thank you @Ken98045. Your OnGuard / Deepstack AI notified me so that I could respond. Even during one of northern NV heavy winstorm going on (16" and counting) with wet lens and all. My 3 outdoor PIR's were turned off due to the early time (I usually turn on after 9pm).
I was not in a position to apprehend her and call 911 at the same time. She heard me rushing down the stairs and she fled. Apparently, snow boots > slippers in the snow. She didnt dabble with tires this time. Came straight to my front door and bent over to look and touch my smart lock. No, she never had the combination as was installed this summer.
Of course, since no property or physical damage and in a winterstorm...911 said no officer in area at the time (which is understandable).
After calling 911, tried to retrace her steps to see what direction she came/went. I have some info more than I ever had of what direction, but lost the tracks eventually due to blowing snow.

Doorbell x19 2021-01-27 08.15.47.60 PM.jpgPTZ_Front 2021-01-27 08.15.23.790 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Why.... I hafta KNOW. Why did you hook up with Glenn Close?
Didn't know about this underlying mental health issue until it was too late. This is what happens when someone takes the correct prescriptions and lives normally with a job, but then loses job and no longer can get on those prescriptions.

Reaction score
Update: 7th incursion. She came to my front door at 2:30pm (daytime) and spread some glue like substance all over my smart lock finger pad. Then walked over to neighbor's house and did same to their smart lock finger pad. Not a care in the world. Didn't even bother with a mask in daytime.
Local detective is putting in the paperwork this Wed/Thurs for stalking and warrant will be issued.
Also, handed in my paperwork for a Temp Protection order to Reno Justice Court. Had to download 2 PDF's: cover letter (mostly pertains to contact information) and then the 8 page what happened, where, any children involved, etc PDF. Since this is not the police dept that I've been sending all camera videos to, I had to copy all police report copies, images, videos to a USB thumb drive and give over along with paperwork. Was told, could be 24-48hours for someone to get back to me. It's my understanding, a date will be set (possibly up to 2 weeks) for a hearing. Judge will decided at that time to grant or deny the order. Pretty sure with all this COVID stuff, probably will be a Zoom meeting.
Nevada first offense of stalking (not aggravated nor under 16): misdemeanor 6 months or $1000 fine. Second offense: 1 year / $2000 fine.
For violating a TPO:
Nevada Retraining Order violationPenalties for violating the restraining orderTemporary protective order (TPO)Gross misdemeanor:

• Up to 364 days in jail, and/or
  • Up to $2,000 in fines
Extended protective order (EPO)Category C felony

• 1 – 5 years in prison, and
  • up to $10,000 in fines (at the judge’s discretion)
Doorbell.20210209_143804785.6.jpg