So I read this story on Friday then I saw the following later that night...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

The first camera is a 4MP PTZ Dahua SD49425XB-HNR and the second camera is a 2MP Dahua HDW5231R-ZE. The PTZ is using default factory settings for the most part. It is rather dark in that field at night. The PTZ triggers at 100 feet from the camera. Note that 20 minutes earlier I was standing at that very spot with the 16 week old puppy to get him to do his poo/pee for the evening. I probably need to clean up the settings on both cams and the two disappointments are that the 2MP cam never intrusion IVS triggered and my backyard LED flood light never triggered either. Glad the puppy and I weren't there for an introduction to the bear. I live a highly developed part of north Orlando so this kind of wildlife is unusual for us but it's not the first time.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That 1/2.8 sensor is just not enough for 4MP cameras. Same as the mini PTZ . Good image from the 5231 and catch anyway.

We had them pretty regular in the Wekiva area. Now that we're up in Lake county they're even more common!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The Wekiva area is on the other side of I-4 about 3 miles from here. They have bear issues all the time off of Markham Woods Rd. I think it was 10 years ago that some lady had her face literally ripped off like a mask while walking her dog.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
That 1/2.8 sensor is just not enough for 4MP cameras. Same as the mini PTZ . Good image from the 5231 and catch anyway.

We had them pretty regular in the Wekiva area. Now that we're up in Lake county they're even more common!
Yeah, my SD1A404XB with the 1/2.8" is still "dark" even with my "excessive" lighting. Should have gotten the 2MP model.