Snow Timelapse - 6 seconds

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Repurposed a Dahua 2831 for snow measurement here in the north country.

This is a 6 second video of the snow from last night. Time 5:21 pm through 11:08 pm. It consists of 678 images taken at 30 second intervals on BI and processed at 120 FPS.

Attachments

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bring some of that Texas heat up here. We sure could use it.

This is the setup using the Dahua camera turned 90 degrees. To keep the snow off of the camera lens a lid from a 5 quart ice cream bucket is used. Rough up the surface with sandpaper and spray paint flat black. Attach with black electrical tape.

Snow_Cam.png

The program used to combine the 600 plus images is Shutter Encoder. It is free and works well for this application.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I can deal with seeing one snowfall a year. Drinking some strong whiskey in front of my friend's fire.

But I can't say I miss Canadian winters for more than that. Nice to see seasons change but the seasonal depression got worse every year.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Man at my old place the snowfall would regularly be enough I had to move my snow blower forward an inch at a time in lowest gear and wait for it to clear out and for the engine to speed back up. Then forward another inch.

And by mid February most years, it would be stacked up as tall as a person.

Picture taken the year I moved out:

2021-02-12 16.11.55 (Large).jpg

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Man at my old place the snowfall would regularly be enough I had to move my snow blower forward an inch at a time in lowest gear and wait for it to clear out and for the engine to speed back up. Then forward another inch.

And by mid February most years, it would be stacked up as tall as a person.

Picture taken the year I moved out:

View attachment 182437
Where was this!?