Snapshot other camera after trigger

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was wondering how to get a trigger grom my doorbell. This was my solution:

I attached a light to my doorbellringer. So when this doorbell ringer is powered the light goes on (and off). This triggers a very cheap webcam which is pointed on that lightbulp. And I get a notification on my phone with the alarm settings set. But the problem is that I want a picture of the webcam of mij frontdoor. So I did set to send an email to myself with not a picture of the triggered camera but a picture of the index group of the cams. But I don't get a picture attached. When I tick mp4 video this will be send to me but from the triggered camera and not from the indexcams.

upload_2017-4-12_8-41-15.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering how to get a trigger grom my doorbell. This was my solution:

I attached a light to my doorbellringer. So when this doorbell ringer is powered the light goes on (and off). This triggers a very cheap webcam which is pointed on that lightbulp. And I get a notification on my phone with the alarm settings set. But the problem is that I want a picture of the webcam of mij frontdoor. So I did set to send an email to myself with not a picture of the triggered camera but a picture of the index group of the cams. But I don't get a picture attached. When I tick mp4 video this will be send to me but from the triggered camera and not from the indexcams.

View attachment 17188
Add your front door camera to a new group..then select that group photo to be sent.

sretlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did have the wanted camera in a (old) group. The group contained only this camera but this didn't work. I thought that the triggered camera had also be in the same group. But that isnt the case? I will try to make a new group and do some research. Thank you