SMD and AI search by Top Color/ Bottom Bottom/ Hat/ Gender /Age/ etc ?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just installed a newer AI NVR and cameras for someone, so I've been trying to familiarize myself with the new features.

When I go to AI search/ SMD I get results for both human and motor vehicle everything seems to be working as should.
When I go under AI search/ Human detection, I get no results so I'm a bit confused...
I would like to be able to search by Top /Top Color/Bottom/Bottom Color etc

Are these seperate from the SMD function?

Last edited:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For that You need cams with Video Meta Data AI function.. It analyzes look of human / vehicle and create tags like:

Motor vehicle attributes: vehicle type, vehicle color, vehicle logo and other attributes : seatbelt, smoking, calling.
Non-motor vehicle attributes: type, color, number of people, top type and color, hat.
Human body attributes: gender, top/bottom type and color, bag, hat and umbrella.
Face attributes: gender, age, expressions, glasses, face mask and beard.

Available on newest WizMind-S cameras (5442-S3) or any AI camera from Ultra line.. Higher PTZ cams also have this function...

Usually Video Meta Data disables SMD and IVS... there are solutions for that (AI NVR) ...

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Steve

I'm not sure if the IPC-Color4K-B180 & IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras are wizmind as they are OEM and have diffent model numbers than the ones on dahua website.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the IPC-Color4K-B180 & IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras are wizmind as they are OEM and have diffent model numbers than the ones on dahua website.
Color4K don't have VMD. 5442 in newest series 3 (S3) variant (new blue/white web interface, not old grey one) supports VMD... older versions don't...

looks at smart plan in AI menu - if camera have Video Meta Data, then this icon / mode will be there..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
looks at smart plan in AI menu - if camera have Video Meta Data, then this icon / mode will be there..
Got it! That helps a lot. Thanks so much :)

Do you know if you have to have wizmind on both the nvr and cameras for the function to work withthe NVR?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you know if you have to have wizmind on both the nvr and cameras for the function to work withthe NVR?
I think that all wizmind NVRs had support for video meta data done on NVR. You can check in ai / parameters / video meta data on NVR - is option to do this function on NVR?

beware that 5xxx-EI recorders are not wizmind but wizsense. One level down and don’t have this function

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think that all wizmind NVRs had support for video meta data done on NVR. You can check in ai / parameters / video meta data on NVR - is option to do this function on NVR?

beware that 5xxx-EI recorders are not wizmind but wizsense. One level down and don’t have this function
I have NVR16CH-2AI. When I go to ai / parameters / video meta data I get a message saying "The config is not supported" when IPC-Color4K-B180 is selected.
When I select IPC-T5442T-ZE, options for HumanTrait / NonMotorDetect / VehicalDetect
Looks like the Both the NVR and the Camera have to support these features??

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have NVR16CH-2AI. When I go to ai / parameters / video meta data I get a message saying "The config is not supported" when IPC-Color4K-B180 is selected.
When I select IPC-T5442T-ZE, options for HumanTrait / NonMotorDetect / VehicalDetect
Looks like the Both the NVR and the Camera have to support these features??
So you have 5xxx-EI.. And a new 5444-S3..
For VMD, You must select in smart plan for that camera Video Meta Data (this will disable SMD / IVS done on camera).
After that You will start receive events AI search/ Human detection.. this will be done on cam (NVR will only records events)..

I You want enable SMD or IVS on that camera (with video meta data in smart plan), You must enable it in AI / parameters / SMD (or IVS) by selecting option to run on NVR (not on camera). then video meta data will be done in camera, and SMD or IVS on NVR..

In case 5xxx-EI before that, you must disable AcuPick in AI / parameters / Smart plan / local, to enable local AI mode...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And keep in mind that enabling AI in the NVR also reduces the "capacity" of the NVR

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For VMD, You must select in smart plan for that camera Video Meta Data (this will disable SMD / IVS done on camera).
After that You will start receive events AI search/ Human detection.. this will be done on cam (NVR will only records events)..
Is there a way to enable this on the camera through the NVR? I currently do not have access through the local network that this system is connected to. I'm accessing it through SmartPSS / Link to web option.

I You want enable SMD or IVS on that camera (with video meta data in smart plan), You must enable it in AI / parameters / SMD (or IVS) by selecting option to run on NVR (not on camera). then video meta data will be done in camera, and SMD or IVS on NVR..
Hmmmm, I do not see the option to run on NVR under AI / parameters / SMD (or IVS)
smatpss.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of the above. The spec sheet shows capacity of the NVR with and without NVR AI enabled.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable this on the camera through the NVR? I currently do not have access through the local network that this system is connected to. I'm accessing it through SmartPSS / Link to web option.
Yes... smart plan and video meta data options on Your screen below..

Hmmmm, I do not see the option to run on NVR under AI / parameters / SMD (or IVS)
View attachment 180011
As I wrote a few post above, on 5xxx-EI you must disable first AcuPick and enable AI local mode in AI / parameters / smart plan / local...
then You will have 'on NVR' options in SMD/IVS parameters pages..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes... smart plan and video meta data options on Your screen below..
Got it!
As I wrote a few post above, on 5xxx-EI you must disable first AcuPick and enable AI local mode in AI / parameters / smart plan / local...
then You will have 'on NVR' options in SMD/IVS parameters pages..
Jeez, my eyes must be getting bad because right above all the fancy Smart Plan icons it says very clearly "After AcuPick is enabled, Video Metadata cannot be used for attribute detection."

Seriously, I cant thank you enough for your help Steve.