SmartPSS wont open

SunnyC

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have a Dalhua NVR and I. am trying to change some settings so I can access the cameras when I am outside my home Network. Unfortunately I am not able to walk currently (Long story) and I am trying to access the NVR from my bedroom on my shiny new Macbook. I'm ok with some things but not when it comes to errors in programs. I can’t work out why SmartPSS wont open on my Mac. I have Operating system Macos Big Sur. I have installed SmartPSS (downloaded from DahuaWiki) The release note says it is version Version V2.003.0000000

This is the log
[0406 22:52:56.678][DebugLog.cpp:53] TID 63573 [INFO] Init(): Starting SmartPSS version[2.03.0] svnversion[0] build-date[2019-12-03]
[0406 22:52:56.678][PCValue.cpp:43] TID 63573 [ERR] Load(): Load strFilePath =/Applications/SmartPSS.app/Contents/MacOS/code.dat not exists

Code.dat does exist in the said location and contains
PSSSAFESECRETPCVALUEONLYKEY=

Does anyone with greater skills than I tell me why the app wont open? I've checked security and there is nothing there that I can see that is a problem.

Or, If you have another suggested app that I might be able to login to my NVR via another computer I would be most appreciative

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, kinda same issue for me. I could open mine however, I can't get to the NVR from my Mac. It's showed my NVR, but with a tiny red circle and question mark icon on the NVR.

My solution was to uninstall and then reinstall the silly app. I have to keep doing this, every time I use the app from my Mac. I have to say, I'm NOT a fan of the app and am beginning to think buying a Dalhua was a huge mistake.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I can only say that SmartPSS on Windows works like a charm.

Now, if your NVR is on firmware version 4, the webinterface looks 100x better than before, even for playback it has ample features much more faster than SmartPSS. Even more: I only use SmartPSS when I am too lazy :cool:

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
I can only say that SmartPSS on Windows works like a charm.

Now, if your NVR is on firmware version 4, the webinterface looks 100x better than before, even for playback it has ample features much more faster than SmartPSS. Even more: I only use SmartPSS when I am too lazy :cool:
Did you update the firmware on the NVR itself?