SmartPSS problem

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So Ive been using SmartPSS for a while now and its been fine. I use it to monitor cams mostly, rarely iuse it for settings or DVR/NVR management.

So all of a sudden, in the past 2 days, every time I start SmartPSS it reboots my DVR.. a hard shutdown and reboot. If I leave it up, it will continually shutdown/reboot/login/shutdown my DVR.

For about 4 months Ive used it to monitor 4 DVR/NVRs at the same time. My own local DVR, Mom's external DVR, and 2 NVR's that belong to the HOA at either end of the street. All 3 other devices login and stream just fine as before.

I am able to login via the DVR web interface from m y laptop just fine, and via iDMSS on my phone just fine...

Any ideas?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I would start with a complete uninstall,and new install. If you are using a Windows 7 or 10 computer, a windows update might have effected it. I had had a few comps go south with smartpss for no good reason. Delete all temp files too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry was out.

Windows 7 and Ive tried the last 3 versions of SmartPSS , all 3 exhibit the same bizarre affect on my DVR but no problems with the other 3 recorders...weird..

If I get time tonight Im going to try wiping the SmartPSS install and start over, but something tells me its a network issue..Shuts down my DVR hard and reboot in log file shows "abnormal reboot"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Well reinstalled last 2 versions of SmartPSS with no joy :(

Very odd that I can access the DVR no problem with the Web GUI or via iDMSS but with SmatPSS it connects then immediately shuts down the DVR and it reboots. If I leave SmartPSS running it goes into a constant shutdown/reboot cycle... weird...:confused:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SOLVED!

So while I dont understand why, I had recently physically disconnected a single camera due to house painters working. This camera was still shown in the schedule as recording. So I go into the DVR, turn off recording on that one cam, and Walla! SmartPSS working fine again.

This may be unique to the DVR and CVI cameras vs NVR/IP cams? dont see why it would matter, but nonetheless its working as expected again.