SmartPSS Lite "max channel" error

xMikooo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, because Dahua changed their P2P system new NVRs I install cannot be accessed through my old SmartPSS install. I migrated to smartpss lite and it's very buggy in a way that some NVRs get locked out because of "max channels". I know it's not true, because these NVRs are 8/16channels, while 32channels connect ok. It says the limit is 64 channels so why it incorrectly disables these NVRs. And also what happened to SmartPSS. When I tried to download the newest version with P2P as noted on dahuawiki website, I cannot click the windows logo to download.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My 2 year old version of SmartPSS works fine?, as does Lite.

Are you saying something changed on the new NVRs to not allow P2P? I didnt know P2P knew where I was connecting from or what device?

xMikooo

n3wb
Reaction score
My 2 year old version of SmartPSS works fine?, as does Lite.

Are you saying something changed on the new NVRs to not allow P2P? I didnt know P2P knew where I was connecting from or what device?
Basically I installed a new NVR last week at my client's company and while adding it to my old SmartPSS I noticed it was not connecting. The SN of this NVR contains "RAZ" in the middle instead of the standard "PAZ" and it's series3(?) The model ends in 4KS3 instead of the standard 4KS2. The GUI also looks a little bit different the icons have a different style. Then I've noticed on dahuawiki website this statement "NOTE: New devices on the latest firmware will not work on older versions of SmartPSS via P2P. Please update to the latest version of SmartPSS" Since SmartPSS is not avaiable there for Windows. I've downloaded SmartPSS lite. The new NVR works fine, some of the older devices have this error. I generally can say these are older installations, but I do not have a way to drive fe hundred km to a client and update their firmware , also not every NVR has a new firmware. Very disappointed in Dahua. Always chose them over HIK but I think i'll have to reconsider

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting.
Yeah Im using it on older NVRs with no problem. Mostly the now EOL "Pro" models (which I prefer because adding the AI to the new NVRs make for problems, AI doesnt work as well as on the camera, and lose 1/2 your bandwidth, and are more expensive. Lose/Lose)

My understanding is they are killing support of SmartPSS and forcing you to buy DSS. Hopefully they'll keep SmartPSS Lite available for consumers or I'll have to switch also.