SmartPSS Invalid User

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest SmartPSS for Windows today. Following installation it wants me to give it a “Password for user admin”. But when I have it find my Dahua NVR it gives me “Invalid user.” I uninstalled and reinstalled, looking carefully for an opportunity to enter a username immediately following installation. Keep getting the same results.

What could I be missing?

Is there something more user friendly I could use with my NVR?

I have a Dahua SD49225T-HN PTZ 2MP 25x connected to a Dahua NVR N42B1P.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try going to Devices/Manual Add and add the NVR from there. It will make you give it the IP address and the NVR password.

I'm guessing SmartPSS is trying to use its own admin pass and the NVR isnt accepting it as it has a different one.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^^ Good advice above. I've found it makes life easier to have all of the camera, NVR, and smartPSS usernames and passwords the same.

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! Looks like my problem is with the NVR login. Last February we had a couple power outages over 16 hours each (Dallas area) and my UPS gave out after about 10 hours. I got the NVR back up but can't find where I put the logonID info. (Yes, makes sense...) I'm going to see if I can find out how to reset the password. I think I'll be OK if I can figure that out. I suppose I can power it down, but I'd like to avoid that. I'll read the manual. :)

Much appreciated guys.

BTW, love BRF's avatar. Is the reflection in the sunglasses who I think it is?

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I'm back in business. I was confusing the SmartPSS and NVR logins. I'm not sure if the power outage in February changed anything on the NVR. But it did on me. My bones are still thawing out. (These are ooold bones!)

Thanks guys.