Smart PSS Software not working right

rbaron

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new here and don't know if this is even the correct place on this forum to ask this question but here we go...

I had a new NVR installed two days ago. Everything works fine, the cameras are clear and looks great.

However I have an issue with the Smart PSS software they downloaded for me to view the cameras on my desktop running Windows 10 Pro. When it was installed and the technician left my house I looked at my cameras, clicked around to see where the playback stuff is and then I clicked the "X" in the upper right corner to close the software. About 1/2 hour later I wanted to show the wife how good the cameras are and I double clicked the Smart PSS icon and it said the app was already running. I could not find it so I went to the Task Manager and found the app but not in the top where it shows running apps, but down a ways. Next to it it said "Suspended." I did not and still don't know what that means so I right clicked and ended the task.

Went back to the app on the desktop and double-clicked that again and the splash screen showed and went away ( I have it set to auto the password) but the interface did not come up on my screen. So I did the task manager thing again and restarted my machine, launched the app and it worked fine again. Closed it by using the "X" again because there is no File--->Quit option and again the same problem.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.....

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new here and don't know if this is even the correct place on this forum to ask this question but here we go...

I had a new NVR installed two days ago. Everything works fine, the cameras are clear and looks great.

However I have an issue with the Smart PSS software they downloaded for me to view the cameras on my desktop running Windows 10 Pro. When it was installed and the technician left my house I looked at my cameras, clicked around to see where the playback stuff is and then I clicked the "X" in the upper right corner to close the software. About 1/2 hour later I wanted to show the wife how good the cameras are and I double clicked the Smart PSS icon and it said the app was already running. I could not find it so I went to the Task Manager and found the app but not in the top where it shows running apps, but down a ways. Next to it it said "Suspended." I did not and still don't know what that means so I right clicked and ended the task.

Went back to the app on the desktop and double-clicked that again and the splash screen showed and went away ( I have it set to auto the password) but the interface did not come up on my screen. So I did the task manager thing again and restarted my machine, launched the app and it worked fine again. Closed it by using the "X" again because there is no File--->Quit option and again the same problem.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.....
When you are trying to start Smart PSS are you logged in to a Windows account with administrator rights? Do you know if Smart PSS was installed under that login?

When I click on the X in the upper right hand corner to exit, I get a confirmation window that asks are you sure you want to exit. Do you get that box?

When I answer yes to the exit question, the Smart PSS task in task manager disappears immediately.

What version of Smart PSS are your running? Mine is V2.002.0000007.0 dated 2018-10-23.

rbaron

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually after much searching on the interweb I discovered an earlier version of SmartPss and it works just fine.

So the solution was to downgrade the version by 1 and all fixed!

Thanks for the input.....