Smart PSS Problem IVS PICS

Gufi1315

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with a Smart PSS
With each alarm IVS saves a photo. My hard drive is full after 3 days. I don't know where to turn off this option

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi! Are you sure you haven't activated to save snapshot for motion detection?

Normal motion detection, depending on settings and location can quickly save hundreds/thousands of pictures of waving trees/shadows.

If you have a Smart Motion Detection camera, use that in parallel to IVS (or completely turn of MD).

Edit: make sure to do your IVS/MD settings on the camera and not in SmartPSS. SmartPSS is a good tool for live view/playback but not for configuring.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Congratulations! You're the 2nd person in the world who has this problem. I was the first, and got no helpful responses when I posted about it a year or so ago. The problem began when I switched from the 32-bit to 64-bit version of smartPSS. I've combed all of the smartPSS config options and never found how to shut off this "feature", so if you figure it out, please post the solution. In the meantime, I use the following batch file as needed:

rem delete smartPss IvsPic directory

del c:\users\public\smartpss\ivspic\. /s /q
rd c:\users\public\smartpss\ivspic\@1

echo IvsPic deleted
pause

JTPM

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same.
There is a simple solution: in the properties of the IvsPic folder, in the security tab, block write permissions for all users.
It works!