Smart PSS not showing IVS triggers on PC NVR recordings.

marunio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have spent a fair amount of time on setting up my new IPC-T5442T-ZE (thank you Andy!) using IE web interface through IE.
At this point in time I have not invested yet in NVR or Blue Iris or any other recording hardware/software therefore I test using Smart PSS with its PC NVR.
The issue I have encountered is that when I play back from camera's internal storage, all the IVS triggers show up nicely on the timeline, but not so on PC-NVR timeline.
Here are the screenshots from both sources in respective order:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 163245.png
Screenshot 2021-11-21 163506.png

The IVS events (Tripwire and Intrusion) are showing up in Event log in Smart PSS:
Screenshot 2021-11-21 170613.png

Record plan in PC NVR:
Screenshot 2021-11-21 170430.png

Having the marks on the PC-NVR timeline is something I consider crucial when reviewing continuously recorded footage.
I am a newbie at this and have to admit that the entire system has a steep learning curve.
Am I missing something obvious?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
No you are missing nothing.
Like DMSS/gDMSS/iDMSS... SmartPSS is another shitty software provided by dahua.

there are many bugs and functions which are not working, no one cares since years. they will maybe never work or only on some models.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI has a demo so try it! I knew in the first 30 minutes it was better than any other VMS/NVR I have used.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you click the gear to the right in the record plan and ensure IVS was selected ?

marunio

n3wb
Reaction score
I did double check the record plan, IVS is selected.
I installed Blue Iris and after a couple of hours just "driving" it without reading much into the manual I am almost convinced this is what I will be using. Onvif triggers flow into BI without any issues. Thank you all for responding.

Reaction score
I'm also having this issue as well and its not sending notifications to mobile DMSS application which the two maybe related since its not marking them off as an IVS event. Just curious if anyone has found a resolution yet. I might have to bite the bullet and buy Blue Iris just was looking for a nice free solution first to get my feet wet.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What isn’t sending notifications to DMSS? That’s not a function of smartpss

Your NVR or camera does that and as far as I can tell, you need to use their p2p functionality to make it work. Which makes sense.

Granted the PC-NVR module isn’t good. That’s why I tell people to just download the player module.

For BI users: does BI send mobile push messages through its app? Does it work reliably?

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What isn’t sending notifications to DMSS? That’s not a function of smartpss

Your NVR or camera does that and as far as I can tell, you need to use their p2p functionality to make it work. Which makes sense.
I have the cameras sending IVS alerts to DMSS without P2P as long as I am on the same WiFi, or via VPN (and the app was not closed for a while)
The issue is the alerts are useless if you don't record to SD Card or NVR because when recording to NAS/FTP, you cannot view the video from the app.

I tried PC-NVR as well and despite having added IVS to the recording plan in 3.0, it doesn't work. Even the basic noisy motion detection doesn't record. Only continuous recording appears to work.
This sucks because the software is otherwise usable albeit quite clumsy.