Smart PSS - how set playback speed faster than 1x?

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally got my Andy cams installed this past weekend. So far, the cameras are working as expected.

I am using Smart PSS to live view and for Playback.

How does one playback faster than 1x? I would have assumed that clicking the '1x' on the player controls would be the way to change the speed, but doing so does nothing for me.

Thanks.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I click on the 1X indicator, it opens up a vertical slider. The slider can be moved from the bottom for slow motion (1/8X) up to the top for fast speed (8X).

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your cams up and running.
I used SmartPSS for camera testing only. Once the cameras were installed, it was time for Blue Iris.
Buy the software via this forum for $58. You won't regret it and will never look back.
The playback controls for BI are very nice. Forward or reverse playback speeds ranging from 1/2x to 256x.

BI SNIP - alert c.jpg

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thx. I was not seeing the slider. Closed and reopened Smart PSS and now it is there. However, while it seems to work for 1-8x, sliding down to any slow motion setting causes the playback to stop completely. The only way playback will start again is by selecting stop and then playing again. Not a big deal, but odd. I am uings h.265, if that may have something to do with it.

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your cams up and running.
I used SmartPSS for camera testing only. Once the cameras were installed, it was time for Blue Iris.
Buy the software via this forum for $58. You won't regret it and will never look back.
The playback controls for BI are very nice. Forward or reverse playback speeds ranging from 1/2x to 256x.

View attachment 60560
Maybe at some point. For now I'm sticking with the nvr I just purchased.