Smart player - playback of dav files

locarno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with Dahua Smart Play app? It have problems with dav files. I can't use red bar to jump to another part of the video because it stops playing. Whole Dahua software is really poorly written.

hang.png

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use VLC player instead of Dahua smart play app then. I also like to download vidoes in mp4 format instead of Dav format.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use VLC player instead of Dahua smart play app then. I also like to download vidoes in mp4 format instead of Dav format.
I also use VLC Media Player (free version) to watch DAV videos and save pictures while watching. But I'll use VideoProc Converter (paid version) to save the DAV videos to the MP4 format and remove what I don't want to keep before posting to YouTube or Google Drive. MP4 Joiner and MP4 Splitter ( MP4Tools - Home -- free to use) also come in handy on occasion.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks to be V 3.43.0.F03 - old
smartplayer3.jpg

One thing to note. See screencap 1
When you first open a clip, there is no green timeline visible because its so small and the OP's observation is what you get.
smartplayer1.jpg

But scroll over the timeline with your mouse wheel and the timeline bar will expand (zoom) and become visible and work
smartplayer2.jpg