Smallest turret

Karan007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi IPCamTalk community,

Looking to poke your brains... I'm on the hunt for a smaller than usual, good turret.

I need three to four IP cameras for the outside of my place, I generally go with the 5442 line from Dahua.

Wondering if there are any smaller turrets out there. I plan on putting one of these cameras near my front door about 6 ft from ground, so the smaller the better.

Of course I would like features close to the 5442, with the musts being IP67, poe, tripwire detection, rtsp , push notifications, built-in mic would be nice, and somewhat decent IR enabled night vision would be nice.

Any ideas of something with those features that's smaller than approx 4in x 4in .

Thanks!

K

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the measurements but I''d check this out at Nelly's ==>> R-Series 5MP Weatherproof Turret IP Security Camera with a 2.8mm Fixed Lens and a Built-In Microphone -- White (M5T)

Made for Nelly's by Raysharp, I installed 4 of their R-series 2MP bullet cams for a client back in March of this year and he is very pleased. Even though not spec'd, those bullets had built-in mics.

They also have a R-series, 2MP turret but I'm not sure about it having a mic, you'd have to ask. ==>> 1080p (2MP) Turret Dome IP POE Security Camera W/ 2.8mm Lens | IP66 Weatherproof | 100' Night Vision | M2T

Just be aware that none of these lower-priced cams have sensors that are sized for the best-performing night vision and that goes for any brand. Rule of thumb: bigger sensor = bigger price.

Below is a graphic that illustrates the minimum recommended sensor size for various resolutions.

Ideal-sensor-size-to-megapixel.png

Karan007

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the measurements but I''d check this out at Nelly's ==>> R-Series 5MP Weatherproof Turret IP Security Camera with a 2.8mm Fixed Lens and a Built-In Microphone -- White (M5T)

Made for Nelly's by Raysharp, I installed 4 of their R-series 2MP bullet cams for a client back in March of this year and he is very pleased. Even though not spec'd, those bullets had built-in mics.

They also have a R-series, 2MP turret but I'm not sure about it having a mic, you'd have to ask. ==>> 1080p (2MP) Turret Dome IP POE Security Camera W/ 2.8mm Lens | IP66 Weatherproof | 100' Night Vision | M2T

Just be aware that none of these lower-priced cams have sensors that are sized for the best-performing night vision and that goes for any brand. Rule of thumb: bigger sensor = bigger price.

Below is a graphic that illustrates the minimum recommended sensor size for various resolutions.

View attachment 165314
Appreciate the input! I'll look into those.