Small wireless camera that works with BlueIris

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all im looking for a small camera either wifi or ethernet but will need to have a stand wont hang it on a wall, need to stand on top of bookshelf thanks!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
IP2M-841 is a very good deal.
It will sit flat on a desk, shelf or table but also comes with a mount that screws in the bottom and that can be rotated to mount it on wall or ceiling.
I wanted mine to sit near edge of piano and look down sharply toward floor (dogs) so I screwed that mount to a 8" x 8" x 1" scrap of wood for weight then swiveled it to look down.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Too bad they don't have a POE version of that lil bugger. I managed to install 2, but In " This Old Condo" outlets aint easy to come by.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
still need a wall wart>? Some janky reviews,,,people don't know what they're doing with it... or it seems like that on Amazon..We got people blowing up modems, and complaining about barrel connectors n shit...
I ll just stick to POE cams.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Adding the 841's to BI? nothing weird straightforward.
You can find the 841 in the list under amcrest and try adding it that way, or Use "Find/inspect" button ( after you login to the cam and initialize it.)

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used a couple outside for a year or so mounted upside down in a waterproof box. I used ethernet to 5 volt splitter which can be seen in the second photo.
You have the option to use ethernet or wireless in the camera settings. PTZ works great in Blueiris.
They have changed the 5 volt connector on the camera it appears so make sure you get the right one.
841b1.JPG841b1.JPG841b2.JPG841b3.JPG

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
still need a wall wart>? Some janky reviews,,,people don't know what they're doing with it... or it seems like that on Amazon..We got people blowing up modems, and complaining about barrel connectors n shit...
I ll just stick to POE cams.
No wall wart required. POE from switch. It just breaks out the power from data and gives you a barrel connector on the power side @ 12v, 9v or 5v. I just put one up to power something today.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used the 12VDC version of this to power a bluebird cam for 2 years. This one linked is 5VDC@ 2A output AND has the micro-USB that the Amcrest IP2M-841 version 3 uses ==>> UCTRONICS PoE Splitter Gigabit 5V - Micro USB Power and Ethernet to Raspberry Pi 3B+, Work with Echo Dot, Most Micro USB Security Camera and Tablet - IEEE 802.3af Compliant

NOTE: older 841's like that of @Broachoski were also 5VDC but the connector had a typical coaxial power connector, sized 3.5mm outside x 1.35mm inside ; the newer ones from version 3 and up use a micro-USB.

And as @Flintstone61 stated, in BI just put in cam's IP, user/pass and click on 'Find/Inspect'. The default sub stream URL is the same as the main with the exception that "subtype=1".

POE-splitter_5VDC_micro-USB.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bumping this post, the IP2M-841 is amazing... now im looking for something even smaller, any recommendation?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
These are pretty small. Their web interface is pretty low quality but the cameras do work with Blue Iris. Several lens and poe/non-poe options available.

1672461655254.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The Wyze are relatively small and you can make them run RTSP with firmware flash or the "mini hacks" from an SD card. Not that hard to do but not ready out of the box. They do have some quirks. Work well indoors. Look great outdoors until things start moving. They need to have a good WiFi signal or will drop off a lot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are pretty small. Their web interface is pretty low quality but the cameras do work with Blue Iris. Several lens and poe/non-poe options available.

View attachment 149527
I used a variant called TOP-201 in a bluebird box. Had a great FOV and close focus to 3 inches. The biggest downside is no IR-cut filter.